Not open for further replies.

CShaver

Cloudy Flavor All Day
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Swoyersville, PA
So I'm waiting for my Vamo v5 to be delivered. I just got a Protank 3 off a friend for 10$ and bought the replacement atomizers for it. How does the protank 3 work on the Vamo?

I love the idea of BDCs. I've heard mixed reviews on the Protank 3, so can anyone recommend a good BDC or *possibly* a good carto for the Vamo v5? I'm not exactly sure how cartos work but I'd be willing to give them a try as long as I don't have to build any coils or anything. That idea still intimidates me because the stock atomizers are working beautifully for me.

Basically I want a good tank that won't crack with my use of juice (my all time favorite is Ecto Cooler, and it's very citrus-y), that is easy to use, give good vapor and flavor, won't leak, and doesn't make me tip it to keep the wicks wet. Am I dreaming, or can this actually be found in something I don't have to build my own coils for?

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
I would first suggest buying a Protank 3 from a friend for about $10 to start with and then look at a Kanger Areotank (it has air flow control and uses the PT3 heads)

also take a look at the aspire BDC - Aspire Nautilus (Free Shipping Available)
it is also a glass tank but is more money and looks more fragile

here is a review on them to look at Adjustable Air Flow BC Tanks (AeroTank, Nautilus and FAATANK) - YouTube

As for your vamo 5 - all Vamos have weak 510 threads - I use a mini vivi nova beauty ring on the ego threads and make sure it supports the tank (you can't screw any tank down far enough for the vamo top ring to support it) and then be careful not to drop your vamo if possible - if you do have butter fingers you may want to save for a Provari

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I dont have a PT3 so I cant really comment on its performance.

Good cartotank I can certainly help with :) #1 IbTanked and #2 Hand Blown Glass Tank from Vapor-Mania. SR prepunched cartos and Baditude's carto blog and your ready to rock n roll. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/4830-8-cartotank-help-noob.html

I use the cartotanks above and evods for my non corrosive flavors. I rotate in an Iclear30 here and there and thats it. I do have a Kayfun clone on the way to make my first attempt at building - like you, I am a bit nervous!! A good friend has been rebuilding for a while...he is coming to supervise me LOL.

I hope this helps :)

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
I like my Vamo 5

Dont overtighten your Protank, it will eventually push the pin down and youll have to take it apart, same problem on my Lavatube a little- but its hard to tell a leaking clearo can cause problems too i think, if you overtighten anything the center pin moves a bit down

Nice thing about the Vamo, easy to clean, and dont need no adapters for lots of stuff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread