The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Clearomizer with longest lasting coils.

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by mn shutterbug, Sep 16, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mn shutterbug

mn shutterbug Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    Marshall, MN - USA
    I've been using the Kangertech Protank ll for a couple years and I've been extremely happy with it. However, it would be nice have one that didn't have to have the coil replaced every 5 days, which I understand is normal for these. Any suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    No interest in rebuilding your coils? Simple to do, many youtube videos on the subject.

Really the longevity of the coil life has much to do with what juice you vape and how much you vape. The Aspire BVC coils are known for better vape and longer life. But I'm fairly certain authentic Aspire clearos can't be found and the eBay clones I've bought are too airy. I think you might still find authentic Aspire Nautilus or Nautilus mini tanks tho. I've heard the eBay clones of these are actually quite good.
    That's about the best I can come up with. Someone else will be adding soon I'm sure.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mn shutterbug

Jan 19, 2010
    Marshall, MN - USA
    I realize there are factors involved of course but I'm just attempting to find out, with all things being equal, which ones have the longest life.

• Like Like x 1
  4. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    The higher ohm coils in the newer Zenith tank are getting good reviews for long life. I also got good life from my Nautilus.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    What sort of device are you using to power your PT2S? Just curious. I'm using VV Evods for my Aspires. Same ones I used for my PT2s. IMG_20180827_080555.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. mn shutterbug

Jan 19, 2010
    Marshall, MN - USA
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Can't go wrong there!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mn shutterbug

Jan 19, 2010
    Marshall, MN - USA
    If the FDA decides to ban these things in the future, I'd hate to have to buy 1500 coils to last me for the next 20 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Which is why I started rebuilding them very early on. The old Kangertechs are very easy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    There are easier options if you go the rebuild route. There are pre coiled coils that you just wick, and there is a newer atty out that has steel plates instead of coils that you tuck a wick into.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. mn shutterbug

Jan 19, 2010
    Marshall, MN - USA
    Do you possibly have links you could provide?

• Like Like x 1
  12. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    • Like Like x 2
  13. mn shutterbug

Jan 19, 2010
    Marshall, MN - USA
    Thanks Anna. What I'm really curious about is the newer addy with steel plates that r77r7r mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Susaz

Susaz Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Do you wash heads? We used to do that a while ago. Although cotton can be somewhat difficult to clean. I washed my heads every 30 ml in hot running water, then soaking them overnight in everclear, then rolling them in some paper towels to dry. You can also do it when it starts to taste wonky.
    As for me, I love Crown Nunchaku coils. But, 1 week for each coil or 60ml is the norm. Try washing them first.

• Like Like x 3
  15. My Batt Hurts

My Batt Hurts Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    It may be the Joyetech Riftcore Duo.

I think there are other systems along similar lines - Eh-Pro has one where you stick some cotton through a premade mesh coil that you pop into the tank. (Sorry, its name escapes me atm).

Another tip for extending coil life is to dilute your liquids with some unflavoured liquid.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. mn shutterbug

Jan 19, 2010
    Marshall, MN - USA
    I have boiled one kind in water once they start tasting wonky and that does help. However, I typically get mine from Ebay and not all coils are created equal, even if they look identical. One batch I got can taste nasty on first use or some can go a few days but the ohms remain consistent. With another batch, the taste never fails but after 4 or 5 days the ohms increase so I have to turn up the wattage. By the time the ohms hit 3.4 from a starting point of 2.8, I'm ready to replace it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    For those older coils the increase to 3.4 isn't bad. My lower ohm ones always went up. The Wattage setting you could probably leave alone- that's the setting that you like it at, and that's where your vape will stay Regardless of the ohms increasing. Think of it as Auto VV. That's why all our devices went to watts instead of Variable Voltage. Now, as your coils gets gunkier or wetter, sure you'll then need to increase your wattage.

• Like Like x 1
  18. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Kinda regretted mentioning the Riftcore with the steel plates because I then remembered that they were sub ohm. You can however remove one plate and make the ohms higher but not near what you're used to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Rangertrix

Rangertrix Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    Collinsville, OK
    I always had good life out of my coils in my Pro Tanks.
    Once I began to dry burn and rewick them, they lasted at least a month time.
    Had to rewick a lot of them anyway to stop the gurgling, lol.

Rebuilding them is extremely easy too.
    I've had about every Pro Tank variation there is and I think I bought only 2 packs of coils in the several years I used them. I didn't even really need to do that.
    I had a decent stockpile to use and rebuild from the ones that came with the tanks.

• Like Like x 1