Clearomizer with longest lasting coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba106

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2018
I don't know your financial situation, but I eventually got three mods with different tanks to share duties. I don't vape a hella amount of juice but I switch mods about every two days and with mesh coils I go a very long time between having to change a coil. Hell I went about two months on a falcon m1 coil before I felt the need to change it. Keep in mind I didn't get two months of vaping off of that one coil only, it was just that much time had past because of using three different kits to share vaping duties

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
I don't know your financial situation, but I eventually got three mods with different tanks to share duties. I don't vape a hella amount of juice but I switch mods about every two days and with mesh coils I go a very long time between having to change a coil. Hell I went about two months on a falcon m1 coil before I felt the need to change it. Keep in mind I didn't get two months of vaping off of that one coil only, it was just that much time had past because of using three different kits to share vaping duties

Which tanks use mesh coils?

Reactions: stols001

bubba106

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2018
Which tanks use mesh coils?
There are a bunch of tanks on the market now that use mesh, I have a falcon tank, a cascade baby and a gnome king tank. Their are a lot of others, mesh is the way to go for sub-ohm tanks, has been for a couple months, u need to get out more, lol.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
I realize there are factors involved of course but I'm just attempting to find out, with all things being equal, which ones have the longest life.

Like was said, the Nautilus clones are good. I've get 4 weeks or more out of a coil, 90% of the time I could get longer, I just change them. But it is subjective as the Nautilus clone is only 1 out of 5 to 6 tanks I rotate. And I am running a 50/50 mix thru it. But for between $3 to $4 for a 5 pack of coils, you just can't beat it. I've put my Berserkers away, I've put my KF Primes away, but so far I still haven't wanted to let go of the Nautilus clones. I prefer the 1.6 ohm coils.

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England
Reading through this thread I'm prompted to ask this: how are people determining when a coil has reached the end of its life? Sure it's a newbie question, but I can withstand mockery. I'm a low wattage vaper, usually running my Kanger PT3 coils at 12W and the i30S coils I've rediscovered a liking for at 10W, and I appreciate that a coil tormented with 100W plus cannot long endure, but the question is the same. Excepting the dreaded burnt taste I've not experienced for years, what is symptomatic of an exhausted coil? I tend to replace coils after a few weeks use, entirely because I think they're probably due for a change and that's become my routine. But do I notice improved vaping with the fresh new coil? Quite honestly, no, I don't.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Reading through this thread I'm prompted to ask this: how are people determining when a coil has reached the end of its life?.
I change my clearomizer coils when my experience has taught me that the flavor and vapor production is not satisfactory to my standards. A new, well-primed and broken-in coil will be at the top of its game. At the end, the flavor will be muted or "off", and the vapor will be diminished. The change doesn't usually happen all at once, its usually a gradual progressive change.

About once a week I will use a Q-Tip down through the drip tip into the coil area to clean out accumulated gunk. Often, that will improve the flavor and vapor. As I said, I get about 1 month's use with my original Crown coils.

Last edited:

bubba106

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2018
I guess I need to learn about sub ohm. I'm used to 2.8 ohm coils at 5 watts and have been using these for years. I realize they're not all that new but when satisfied with what you have, you kind of remain in the dark and don't expand your horizons.
Yeah I didn't realize your protank was pretty much for mouth to lung hits and wasn't sub-ohm, but yeah you might want to give the new stuff a try.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I guess I need to learn about sub ohm. I'm used to 2.8 ohm coils at 5 watts and have been using these for years. I realize they're not all that new but when satisfied with what you have, you kind of remain in the dark and don't expand your horizons.

Just my opinion, your next logical step would be to try a newer style (newer than a prostank) MTL delivery device with replacement heads in the 1.2Ω to 1.8Ω range.
Several of these offer sub ohm heads if you want to give them a try.

Going from a 2. - 2.8Ω prostank to a 'sub ohm' delivery device is quite a jump, you'll find the double to quadruple e liquid consumption & half the battery life frustrating to adjust to.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't see any reason to change a coil " just because" especially if you notice no benefit from the new coil. Coil life is different for everyone (and from tank to tank). I generally notice the following things in order: resistance may rise, even if slight (and not always) juice may get darker in my tank, and a few days after that, I will get "burnt."

But I don't worry about coil life as much as I used to. Since I have a lot of RTAs in use (as well as like, drop ins) and a lot of setups running, I get better (cumulative) life out of the lot of them, as I'm not chainvaping any of them (one of the biggest coil killers in my opinion) in fact usually when a coil goes bad these days, it's all "What? What is this oddity?" unlike when I started with 2 Nautilus 2s and just burned through my coils like crazy.

Some coils are definitely more robust than others, but still, I get really good coil life these days and still am unlikely to change a coil until I have to.

I also at some point here (although I have a fairly large supply of coils already) gonna buy a bunch more of my few favorite coils to have on hand as who knows what may happen. It just makes sense to me now that I know my preferences.

I also save spent coil heads, not because I TRULY think I'm going to rebuild them although I'm betting the husband might be able to, but during the vacopalypse I imagine there will be more pressing issues in the bunker than whether I can have my favorite 1.6 nautilus coil. It's because I'm a hoarder, so thank goodness coils are SMALL. LOL.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Just my opinion, your next logical step would be to try a newer style (newer than a prostank) MTL delivery device with replacement heads in the 1.2Ω to 1.8Ω range.

Going from a 2. - 2.8Ω prostank to a 'sub ohm' delivery device is quite a jump, you'll find the double to quadruple e liquid consumption & half the battery life frustrating to adjust to.
^^ :thumb:

upload_2018-4-18_14-54-59-jpeg.736915
Innokin Zenith (top fill)
upload_2018-4-18_15-7-53-jpeg.736923
Aspire Nautilus and Mini Nautilus (bottom fill)
upload_2018-4-18_15-5-5-jpeg.736921
Aspire Nautilus 2 (top fill)

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA

At least double the juice and greatly reduced battery life, makes me think I should just stick to what I currently use. I estimate I go through about 75 coils per year so I'd need only about 1500 to get me through the next 20 years. Like Anna says, at least they're small. This way, if the FDA eventually bans these, all I'd need are another dozen devices and the ingredients for mixing my own juice, and I'll be set for life maybe. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread