Clearomizer: Woo! 510 Tank Cartomizer: Woo Woo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pir123

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Massachusetts
Hiya Everyone,

I just got my first clearomizer from WSV. I couldn't be more pleased. I've been vaping on it for a couple hours now, and it just keeps getting better. I over-filled it initially (oops) but it's performing fantastically despite that. I like not having to think about whether it's time to top-off. Just fill the thing and forget it. Filling is pretty easy with a syringe. I dunno if you can take the rubber top piece out to fill with a bottle. I imagine it's character will change over time, just as the DC/LR Carto does (my first one is still going, but doesn't wick as well, even after the needle poke trick, and the flavor isn't as good as it was) I have two more now, but I may keep them dry, just as backups, since I'm liking the clearomizer and:

I also got a Leo-510 adapter and am really enjoying the 3.5ml 510 Tank cartomizer with drip-tip. I think this is the same (or at least similar to the) tank system for the Leo Pro. It's a bit finicky to fill, in the sense that as you're putting the juice in the tank, it will start coming out the bottom, until you put the top of the tank back on, since I guess it depends on the top seal to keep the juice in the tank It seems quite solidly constructed. I couldn't see a way to fill it with a syringe, even with a needle. I like the somewhat milder throat hit with the 18mg organic tobacco from vaperite I'm using. The single-punch carto it came with seems to work fine for this juice, though the replacements are triple-punch, so thicker juices would be fine I'd imagine.

Boy, what a difference a few weeks vaping, reading posts here, watching videos, and a few orders from e-cig arsenal, white stag vapor and vaperite makes. I'm still a "new user", but I'm definitely a vaper now.

Just yesterday I finally got the hang of dripping into the Leo atty. I was under-dripping! I finally figured out that gurgling is good! I had been taking the thing off and cleaning the bottom out anytime it gurgled, and now realize that a few hard pulls (with no power) when it gurgles pulls some juice back up into the atty, so it's OK to over-drip (a little) since then you never get the nasty dry hits. Kinda like when using a drip shield with a 510 atty (with adapter) like I saw in a youtube video, which is what made me realize that the leo battery essentially has a built-in "drip shield" -- though I still see a 2 ohm 510 atty (from avid vaper) in my (probably far-off) future, maybe after my Leo batteries don't hold a charge, I'll "upgrade". The lavatube looks interesting.

My leo atty probably won't get a lot of use for a while, now that I have the clearo and the tank carto, since they're definitely my new faves, and I wanna see how they go after the "break in".

I also now have one of the older (gold) leo atomizers (a black one came with my kit) which is 3 ohm instead of (I think) 2.5 on the newer ones. I haven't used it much yet, but I figure it's another good backup. It seems like it's better for dripping, as for some reason it holds more drops before leaking out the bottom. It took 10(!) drops (2 at a time, with a puff in-between) without leaking, whereas the black atty I have will only take 5, maybe 6.

So other than having a totally cluttered desk, covered with vaping supplies, I'm quite the happy camper!

Oh, one thing on the Leo->510 -- at first I couldn't get the 510 tank carto to fire, and found out (after a voltmeter check) that the adapter wasn't making contact, since it wasn't screwed in all the way even after tightening. I think the threads may have been a little funny, but once I got thing all the way on, it works like a champ. The adapter sticks up about 5mm from the top of the battery -- I'm thinking about taking a hack saw to a dead carto to make a spacer for it, and I guess I could superglue it to the adapter, but I don't think I want to do that.

Anyone know of a leo-510 adapter that has a knurled end or wheel on it or something so it's not so tricky to get in/out?

Sorry for the "wall of text" but I'm so excited to be making progress that I had to tell someone :)

Ok, time to clean up my desk!

Later all.

pir123

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Massachusetts
Thanks hurricanegirl and Dragon-Steve, that is exactly what I was looking for, but is definitely kinda pricy for a lump of threaded metal -- for that price I'll probably just invest in a battery with a native 510 connector instead, like maybe the leo pro :)

Unfortunately, I've lost a little of my enthusiasm for the clearomizer, but not the DCT carto. After only about 3 days, the clearomizer developed a slight "burnt" taste. It's still tolerable, but the 510 tank carto still tastes as good, if not better than it did on the first draw!

I'm now eying the vivi nova! I like the idea of being able to tear it down and replace parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread