Boge Leo Tank Atomizer, and LR Atomizers Are In the Works -- Looking For Info Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
---Skip the first part, if you just want to get to the gossip---

I just received the Royal Boge Leo kit today, and it's a real winner so far. I'm not going to review the ups and downs, as there are countless reviews, both in written and in video form.

I also recently picked up the Ego-T setup, and it's certainly convenient, and mess free (at least for the 50/50 juices that I use). The translucent carts make it even better, because not only do you never need to top off the cart, but you know when you're about to run out of juice. Filling is FAST, and easy. Flavor is a bit lacking, but on par with the average resistance 510's. Not as good as an 801 LR, or the Leo, for sure, but if you have a stronger flavor, that might not be an issue. But to reiterate, extremely convenient.

Both setups look like they will be great for showing current analog smokers a more user friendly e-cig style, than what was available say 6 months ago. I'm leaving out the whole small cig cartomizer setups, as those I'm sure look great on paper, but if I wouldn't use one myself. My kr808 started collecting dust, as soon as I picked up a Riva 510. I'm not going to have anyone walk over and ask me about one, as I won't vaping on one, though I'm sure it's a fine setup for some people.

--------------

Right, so the point of my post. It seems the best of both worlds may be coming to the Leo, in the future!

LR leo atty's, for those that love the Leo, drip, and would like an experience closer to an 801 LR mounted on a 510, but with the solid Leo build, style, and built in passthrough, of the newer models.

Tank leo atty's, for those that find the Leo vaping experience almost perfect as-is, but would like the convenience of a tank style cartridge.

Now, from what I'm in told, they're still in the testing phase, and I won't mention the name of the vendor that dropped the bomb about these being in the works, but it was directly from one well known to the community.

Is there any more info on the possibility of an LR tank model, or thoughts on how long these types of things seem to take from the testing phase, to the US/Euro market scene?

From what I heard about the Ego-T setup, there was no LR version in the works, and then suddenly they were available on TW yesterday. I understand it's a different company, but the fact that the Leo carto is now supposed to be here, or almost here, and the explosion in popularity of Boge atty's all around, it must give some reasonable guess work on how their time tables seem to work.

Thanks,

--bb

Last edited:

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
I was told today by a supplier (Sterling Vapor) that the LEO Cartomizers would be released on March 11th. Can't wait as I have a LEO but not fond of cartridges!

Please do a write up when you get some, and have some time testing them.

I'd even be willing to buy you one for testing, as I've not used a cartomizer, aside from kr808's, and wouldn't be able to make a fair comparison.

That said, I'm actually really happy with just the standard cart that came with the Leo royal kit. No, it doesn't work as well as a Reo Grand bottom feeding an LR 801 cisco, but it works far better than any 510 cart I've tried. I have so many springs, PTB's, blue foam pieces, straws, "H" mods", and so on, laying around from the days when I first started vaping a 510 ego, but this Leo, out-of-the-box, is still better than all of the 510 cart mods I've used, and I'm tired of screwing around with all of the mess.

That's why I'm so excited about a potential Leo tank mod, and Leo LR attys. One style will serve my needs for convenience, and one will serve my needs for dripping. If the Leo cartomizer is good, it could be a really nice option as an in between.

Post in here, if you would, when you see them for sale, so we can keep a running thread of available Leo options.

samsmom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
Please do a write up when you get some, and have some time testing them.

I'd even be willing to buy you one for testing, as I've not used a cartomizer, aside from kr808's, and wouldn't be able to make a fair comparison.

That said, I'm actually really happy with just the standard cart that came with the Leo royal kit. No, it doesn't work as well as a Reo Grand bottom feeding an LR 801 cisco, but it works far better than any 510 cart I've tried. I have so many springs, PTB's, blue foam pieces, straws, "H" mods", and so on, laying around from the days when I first started vaping a 510 ego, but this Leo, out-of-the-box, is still better than all of the 510 cart mods I've used, and I'm tired of screwing around with all of the mess.

That's why I'm so excited about a potential Leo tank mod, and Leo LR attys. One style will serve my needs for convenience, and one will serve my needs for dripping. If the Leo cartomizer is good, it could be a really nice option as an in between.

Post in here, if you would, when you see them for sale, so we can keep a running thread of available Leo options.

I will post a link here as soon as I see them available for sale - not sure if they will be cartomizers with filler in them or tanks that can be filled - would LOVE to have a tank like the EGO-T!!
I have ordered a LEO to 510 adapter from Avid Vapor so at least I can use my 510 cartos until then!

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Yes Boge is making a Leo tank system. I'm hoping to get one to test very soon. Boge tells me it will solve a lot of everyone's problems with wicking. The cartomizers are coming March 11th and believe me, I'll be buying a big batch of those to play with, too.

Everyone should know that Boge reads these boards, and take notes on everyone's ideas and thoughts. I also relay everyone's thoughts, problems, and complements to them.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Yes Boge is making a Leo tank system. I'm hoping to get one to test very soon. Boge tells me it will solve a lot of everyone's problems with wicking. The cartomizers are coming March 11th and believe me, I'll be buying a big batch of those to play with, too.

Everyone should know that Boge reads these boards, and take notes on everyone's ideas and thoughts. I also relay everyone's thoughts, problems, and complements to them.

Any word on the resistance of the tank and carto versions?

The leo royal specs in around 3.65 volts, and for comparison's sake, my Riva specs in at 4.1. I often drip on my riva, using an 801 lr cisco 1.5 ohm, which is a touch on the side of it vaping too fast. A 2 ohm tank setup for the Leo would probably be just about perfect (I measured 3 leo standard atty's today, and they were all almost exactly 3 ohms). 33% hotter, combined with a tank setup leo atty, would replace any desire for me to ever drip again (aside from quick taste test swapping).

/Edit: I should also mention that the 801 LR 1.5 ohm can often die quickly, at 4.1volts, so it's clearly overkill, even if you try to be careful. That's why something in the middle would be perfect, combined with an autodrip style tank setup.

Last edited:

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
Looking forward to the tanks. I've got 2 Leo batts laying around collecting dust. The 2 attys I bought died after a month and I'm waiting for my U.K supplier to get stock again. Buying locally at over $20 a pop is too rich for my blood. Still don't see any Chinese vendors selling any Leos. Anyone know why? Shipping from the U.S is a bit expensive unless you make it a rather large order and I tend to keep my international orders under $75 jsut in case they get "lost'

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
my leo tank works perfect.....

leotank.jpg

runout_mick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Alberta, Canada
my leo tank works perfect.....

This is the route I was about to go, but maybe I'll wait for the boge setup. I didn't really want to have to start hacking on my batt ring, or making the leaning tower of adapters to get it to work.

In the meantime, I'll just keep playing with my fillers and juices to see if I can get this thing to wick right. As it is I'm either burning dry or dumping juice out, with the occasional good vape mixed in to keep my hopes up.

C'mon Boge... get me a tank. A big one.

samsmom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
I am able to use my EGO-T tank attys on my LEO by stacking adapters - no grinding needed!

LEO to 510 adapter (from Avid Vapor), then attach a 510 to 808 adapter, then attach an 808 to 510 adapter, then it is high enough to attach your tank atty!

Works great and I didn't have to grind or cut a thing!! Doesn't look that pretty but completely functional!

Cheeseburgermonger

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
USA
The local mall has a kiosk that sells crappy little 808s. Eventually, they started selling a rebranded Boge Leo at highly inflated prices. I walked by there to get my snark on, for I decided to go to the Joye Ego line of ecigs, but then he told me that they're definitely getting the tank system for the Boge Leo. So, there's another load of grain for the rumor mill.

I might try the Leo's tank system. I've already got the standard one, collecting dust. Boy that thing was leaky when dripping.. and I'm only talking about two drops of juice before I'm pulling it apart and swabbing out the battery connection. I went through a whole box of tissues with that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread