The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

leo to 510 adapter

Discussion in 'The Leo' started by tardcore, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tardcore

tardcore Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2009
    pittsburgh, pa
    i don't own a leo, but i figured that those of you who do might be interested in getting an adapter that will allow you to use a not-so-proprietary atty model with your leo. also, you can of course use 510 to 801/901/kr/etc adapters on top of this adapter if the 510 isn't your cup of tea :) didn't see this here with a quick search, so here ya go: Leo To 510 Adapter - Avid Vaper

i have no vested interest, i just think cisco's a great guy :) enjoy!

2. mgmrick

mgmrick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    But will this work with joye's new T atty tank system...if so I can use my leo batteries for something instead of waiting for boge to come out with a tank system

3. tardcore

Oct 1, 2009
    pittsburgh, pa
    that i don't know. but someone did post in that thread you had about that where someone was using a make-shift adapter to do just that (at least that's what i think the pictures showed) so it stands to reason that it might.

4. MXBNW

MXBNW ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2010
    NW Washingtion
    I am more interested in a 510 to Leo so the LEO atty can be used on other devices. Would be killer on a VV unit like the Buzz

5. mgmrick

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    I am thinking it should work going to buy one and see. I have just learned that the leo battery is 3.7 volts compared to the ego that is 3.2. That would be the reason leo can produce more vape. If this adapter works with joye's T atty and tank system going to be a killer vape

6. tardcore

Oct 1, 2009
    pittsburgh, pa
    mxbnw, i can't imagine it would be hard (now that they've got the one) for them to reverse it, so to speak :) maybe drop them a line about it?

mgmrick, so there's no PWM in the leo, eh? interesting. i wish you luck on the experiment.

7. reverendg

reverendg Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2010
    washington USA
    may not be as far off as you think Rick. The new cartomizers that I'll be getting in shortly hold 5 ml. of ejuice.

8. MXBNW

May 15, 2010
    NW Washingtion
    I agree, I will be picking up one of the adapters I buy a lot from Avid.

9. MXBNW

May 15, 2010
    NW Washingtion
    I was going to send Cisco a email tonight to see if he has it in the works.

10. mgmrick

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    I will try them when they do come out but so far any 510 carto has not worked well for me. They all produced tons of vape but no throat hit

11. mgmrick

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    Ordered one and we are both in new york so should not take too long to get here (if it ever stops snowing)

12. reverendg

Apr 10, 2010
    washington USA
    Hey Rick, let me know how well it works, I want to carry these if they're any good.

13. mgmrick

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    Just got email from vendor saying it would not work. Sent an email back asking why not. From the pictures looks like the cone should fit over the adapter. Or maybe a 510 extension? Or maybe need to grind a little bit off adapter so cone can go over. Waiting to hear back from vendor

14. icareless

icareless Full Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Thailand
    You could DIY yourself LEO -> 510 adapter

Attached Files:

15. reverendg

Apr 10, 2010
    washington USA
    How far down did you cut the leo atty? and then what, did you just solder a 510 connector in there?

thanks

16. icareless

icareless Full Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Thailand
    Cut the LEO atty as shown in the attached picture.

Attached Files:

17. mgmrick

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    Out of the box this adapter does NOT work for joye-T. I am using it by grinding down the out side of it so the joye-t atty would slide down over the adapter. You must also grind off off the leo battery collar for this to work. Maybe a 510 extension used also would allow it to work with out grinding down adapter and leo battery

18. Fabsta

Fabsta Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2010
    Jo'burg, South Africa
    Did you get it to work? How does it vape? I'm thinking of trying the eGo-T myself.

19. mgmrick

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    yes it works by grinding adpter down a little and cutting off some of the collar on leo battery. Or you can by a short 510 extension to go with the adpter. Vapes the same as a ego battery as they are the same voltage

20. Fabsta

Fabsta Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2010
    Jo'burg, South Africa
    Thanks, I think I'll just get an eGo. Everyone else one!! :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.