ClearStream looking GREAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeetorius

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
United States, Naples, FL
First, I would like to thank GrimmGreen for his coverage of VaperCon 2012 and a tiny portion of his video that ultimately lead to my discovery.

As a health care provider in the United States (Physician Assistant, Masters in Medical Science) I can honestly say these guys are doing ground breaking research on e-cigs and their potential health benefits. My two main areas of concentration have been urgent care / primary care and sports medicine, so you can see why I am so excited. FlavourArt is the company and the study is called ClearStream. This is the first REAL piece of scientific research I have found on e-cigs, particularly their flavorings and the potential toxicity to human tissue as a result of their use.

Fortunately for us vapers, and hopefully EX-smokers, we know what tobacco smoke has in it and what it does to us. This is what has pushed us to find a good, or at least significantly safer, alternative to smoking.

I am incredibly encouraged and impressed by this company. I am so significantly impressed by their genuine concern for their patrons that I may only buy e-liquids from those people / companies who use their flavorings. Why, because they are putting in the time, money, and dedication to ultimately SAVE LIVES. Yes, they have a vested interest in their product. Of course they do, but they are PRE-EMPTING the EU and doing this early. This speaks volumes about a company. It might also force other e-liquid manufacturers to submit their flavorings for testing or only use flavorings that pass this test, or some future variation of it. The test appears very solid from a scientific standpoint. What does this mean for us? Healthier e-liquids!!! Why not? It also gives us the ammunition to fight big government and big tobacco. I say hell yes to that.

I would encourage anyone with any sort of science background (or none for that matter) to check out the study and the results to date. A lot of the information and results from studies to this point are in Italian, but it is easily decipherable if you watch the videos first.

These guys stand on the precipice of some serious implications for all of us.

I would also encourage anyone who has the time to write them and THANK THEM for their work. We have tons of research, from a retrospective standpoint, to look at in regards to tobacco. It's been around long enough to see the long term effects. Unfortunately, e-cigs do not have that luxury. What FlavourArt is doing is the first prospective biological study I have seen on concentrations of flavoring and its effects on cells in culture, death rates, etc. We all have some idea on what these flavors do if we eat them. Vaporizing them into our respiratory tract is a whole different ball of wax. Let's be honest. We have all wondered what the various flavorings MIGHT be doing since we are vaping them and not eating them.

The future of vaping appears very bright to me. These guys are definitely carrying with the torch.

Home page: http://clearstream.flavourart.it/site/?lang=en

Studies: http://clearstream.flavourart.it/site/?cat=10&lang=en

Videos: http://clearstream.flavourart.it/site/?page_id=393&lang=en(the second one is more on the science specifics)

Sincerely,

JZ (Skeetorius)

Last edited:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
First, I would like to thank GrimmGreen for his coverage of VaperCon 2012 and a tiny portion of his video that ultimately lead to my discovery.

As a health care provider in the United States (Physician Assistant, Masters in Medical Science) I can honestly say these guys are doing ground breaking research on e-cigs and their potential health benefits. My two main areas of concentration have been urgent care / primary care and sports medicine, so you can see why I am so excited. FlavourArt is the company and the study is called ClearStream. This is the first REAL piece of scientific research I have found on e-cigs, particularly their flavorings and the potential toxicity to human tissue as a result of their use.

Fortunately for us vapers, and hopefully EX-smokers, we know what tobacco smoke has in it and what it does to us. This is what has pushed us to find a good, or at least significantly safer, alternative to smoking.

I am incredibly encouraged and impressed by this company. I am so significantly impressed by their genuine concern for their patrons that I may only buy e-liquids from those people / companies who use their flavorings. Why, because they are putting in the time, money, and dedication to ultimately SAVE LIVES. Yes, they have a vested interest in their product. Of course they do, but they are PRE-EMPTING the EU and doing this early. This speaks volumes about a company. It might also force other e-liquid manufacturers to submit their flavorings for testing or only use flavorings that pass this test, or some future variation of it. The test appears very solid from a scientific standpoint. What does this mean for us? Healthier e-liquids!!! Why not? It also gives us the ammunition to fight big government and big tobacco. I say hell yes to that.

I would encourage anyone with any sort of science background (or none for that matter) to check out the study and the results to date. A lot of the information and results from studies to this point are in Italian, but it is easily decipherable if you watch the videos first.

These guys stand on the precipice of some serious implications for all of us.

I would also encourage anyone who has the time to write them and THANK THEM for their work. We have tons of research, from a retrospective standpoint, to look at in regards to tobacco. It's been around long enough to see the long term effects. Unfortunately, e-cigs do not have that luxury. What FlavourArt is doing is the first prospective biological study I have seen on concentrations of flavoring and its effects on cells in culture, death rates, etc. We all have some idea on what these flavors do if we eat them. Vaporizing them into our respiratory tract is a whole different ball of wax. Let's be honest. We have all wondered what the various flavorings MIGHT be doing since we are vaping them and not eating them.

The future of vaping appears very bright to me. These guys are definitely carrying with the torch.

Home page: http://clearstream.flavourart.it/site/?lang=en

Studies: http://clearstream.flavourart.it/site/?cat=10&lang=en

Videos: http://clearstream.flavourart.it/site/?page_id=393&lang=en(the second one is more on the science specifics)

Sincerely,

JZ (Skeetorius)

Lots of threads about this around the forum, but fairly old, so good job bringing this up for the newbies. :)

Have you seen the studies by Dr. Konstantinos Farsalinos in Greece? Here's a recent video (as posted by the VapeTeam Live show):

Dr. Konstantinos Farsalinos from the Onasis Cardiac Surgery Center in Athens, Greece and his colleague Dr. Giorgio Romagna show us their procedure for their new experiment: The effects of tobacco smoke and e-cigarette vapor on myocardial cells. This type of research will provide concrete evidence that vapor does not equal smoke.

The experiment will extract tobacco smoke and e-cigarette vapor using reproducible, standard, methods and expose heart tissue to these extracts. This will show how heart tissue is effected by the components of vapor and smoke. The results are impressive.

Thanks to Dr. F and his team for this footage. It gives us a first-hand look into how scientific research on vaping and smoking is done.

Here's an interview by Dimitris of the VapeTeam of the owner of FlavourArt and Dr. Farsalinos:

VPLive Vape Team Interview: Massimiliano Mancini of FlavourArt - YouTube (can only embed one video :laugh: )

And finally an earlier interview by the VapeTeam on one of their shows with Dr. Farsalinos (regarding his "The effects of vaping on the cardiovascular system, comparison with cigarette smoking" study):

VPLive Vape Team Episode #25: Proof Positive - YouTube (Dr. Farsalinos starts about 19:10)

If you haven't seen this, I hope you find them helpful. :)

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
E-cigarette grass roots movement
flying the flag of truth focused on saving lives
VS
The FDA, BP, and the Alphabet groups
who couldn't care less about truth and saving lives

When I first joined the ECF I immediately realized
the ONLY way we could win would be IF we had
Millions of e-smokers supported by lots of truth
when the FDA makes their final stand to kill the industry.

Skeetorius

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
I couldn't agree more. The stuff I posted about was generally the most up to date studies and their research as a whole. I realize that if they were at VaperCon (October 2012) they are relatively well known throughout the circles. As a bit of science junkie and health junkie this reminded me of my days in the labs doing immunofluorescence / fluoroscopy. I love this stuff and I love its potential to stick it to big government and big tobacco. The BIGGEST group of hypocrites you will ever find. Big government + big tobacco + lobbyist = DEATH.
The scientists at FlavourArt have actually inspired me to become an e-liquid "chef". Chef, is that right? This will be my next step, right after I get a handle on Hybrids. I am rabid about the iHybrid. They just announced this yesterday:

New LE Announced – The Grid | Hybreed Nation

I challenge anyone to explain to me how this ISNT the damn coolest thing you have seen in a while.

Skeetorius

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
A little reply I got back from the folks at FlavourArt.

Hello Jason
Your words really warm our hearts up.
We strongly believe in less harming potential of this technology and appreciation from professionals is utterly welcomed.
I forwarder the ticket to Dr. Romagna, our physician and scientist and i'm sure he will happy to establish contact with you to share news and opinions about the e cig world.

Cordiali saluti/Best regards,

Massimiliano

These guys are tops.

Skeetorius

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
Lots of threads about this around the forum, but fairly old, so good job bringing this up for the newbies. :)

Have you seen the studies by Dr. Konstantinos Farsalinos in Greece? Here's a recent video (as posted by the VapeTeam Live show):

Here's an interview by Dimitris of the VapeTeam of the owner of FlavourArt and Dr. Farsalinos:

VPLive Vape Team Interview: Massimiliano Mancini of FlavourArt - YouTube (can only embed one video :laugh: )

And finally an earlier interview by the VapeTeam on one of their shows with Dr. Farsalinos (regarding his "The effects of vaping on the cardiovascular system, comparison with cigarette smoking" study):

VPLive Vape Team Episode #25: Proof Positive - YouTube (Dr. Farsalinos starts about 19:10)

If you haven't seen this, I hope you find them helpful. :)

EXCELLENT ! Thanks. Any link people can provide helps me not have to do more and more searches. With work taking up 60+ hours per week I have been staying up WAY too late since the advent of my vaping adventure.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
EXCELLENT ! Thanks. Any link people can provide helps me not have to do more and more searches. With work taking up 60+ hours per week I have been staying up WAY too late since the advent of my vaping adventure.

I completely understand (though I'm not in science, but I like to read as much as I can understand so I can educate people). You should also check out CASAA, if you haven't already. They are the consumer group advocating e-cigs and ST (smokeless tobacco) as reduced-harm alternatives. Their site has plenty of information that would probably keep you busy for awhile! :)

Skeetorius

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
I completely understand (though I'm not in science, but I like to read as much as I can understand so I can educate people). You should also check out CASAA, if you haven't already. They are the consumer group advocating e-cigs and ST (smokeless tobacco) as reduced-harm alternatives. Their site has plenty of information that would probably keep you busy for awhile! :)

Check this out. They already got ahold of me.

Love it.

Hi there:

Check out CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association for additional information.

If you provide me with an email address, I'd be glad to send you my 9-page list of e-cigarette research studies, including descriptions of completed and in-progress clinical trials. We are in the process of revamping our web site and are not posting new documents there until we switch over to the new site.

Elaine Keller, President
The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alterantives Association
ekeller@casaa.org

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Check this out. They already got ahold of me.

Love it.

(...)

Elaine Keller, President

Fantastic! :) You'll be busy for weeks w/that :laugh:

(BTW, you may want to edit this post to paraphrase. It's against forum rules to paste content of emails and PM's in a public post.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread