"Cleartomizer" help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoStu

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Jackson, MS
I bought me a stash of 30 510 2.4-2.6 ohm CE2 Cartomizers a.k.a Cleartomizers".Been using one two for just about 24 hours on my Chuck, one each with different flavors. If I take more than one very short hit off of it it tastes burned and nasty instead of Tasty Vapor Butter Run or Banana's Foster. I removed the upper cap as shown in a vid some girl posted and followed the instructions exactly, and I'm very discouraged. Can someone give me some advice?

007.jpg

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
No help yet. I order a box of them along with a few of those map tanks, should have them tomorrow. I did read that you have to tip them on occasion or that will happen. You might find more tips etc on the COV or Nhaler subforum. Make sure you share, I am hoping I will like these. I ordered 3.2ohm. I hate burnt taste, that is why I don't touch the LR at 3.7, I always pop them and get that wretched taste.

Rudy33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
one thing I find with TV - looses alot of flavor with the clears. I hit the button for a second or two before taking the drag.. Other than that if you use pg instead of all doubler it will help and the flavor won't suffer too much. I even took a 48mg to 12 with just pg and I wouldn't do that much again but I can still taste the banana cream pie. It will wick better if its thinner. Also don't fill them completely - it seems that TV needs some air space for the flavor to be full.

Just my take on them. I prefer the joyce ego cartos more than the clears.

DiscoStu

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Jackson, MS
these are brand new with less than 8 hours use on two of them, ( tv butter run and tv bananas foster) so a cleaning isn't needed. I'm laying my chuck on it's side, seems to be wicking better. The more I use it and drain the battery, the better it gets.......omg i have 30 of these as well as 30 LR atties coming from china I ordered , lol. I would say im good for a few minutes...... Interesting note: Chatting with Jeff, he told me Chucks dont NEED LR atties becasue they already have such low resistance. All you are doing with LR atties is killing your batteries faster...

cracker75

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Washington State
If you check the CE2 thread you'll find that many users preferred a higher resistance, as the lower ohm atty's tended to heat up too fast, and the wicking couldn't keep up. Typically the juice would end up burning and giving a bad flavor.

For the record, I ordered some just like yours and am more or less annoyed with them. They're great when they work, crappy when they don't, and require a lot of maintanence either way. I may try 3 a ohm version since they are so cheap, but so far I'd rather keep dripping.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I go thru the same thing with my cartos. First few hits are good, then yleck, I just keep topping off and then after about three days they are good again. The older my carto, the better it gets (or the more use to it I get) I'll find out really quick if I like these. The clearomizers, no big deal but I do have two pricey map tanks on order. At least they are new enough that if I really dislike it, I can sell them easily with little loss due to the supply/demand. I figured the clearomizers are similar and basically will allow me to go thru some of my learning curves without as much loss.

I really wish Quake was still on this board more often. I know for a fact he's already got all this all figured out! I might just PM him and see if he'll wander over to share some of his opinions with us.

Last edited:

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Mail came...my opinions are a bit off due to the fact that I have a horrid sore throat and head cold. I got thru the first phase, filling them up with the syringe. Thank goodness they have a little tip that comes with the clearo's, my blunt was too big. First hits, hot hot hot...and yeah, kinda burnt. Thru in a 3.7 volt battery and it is hitting much better and this is at 3-3.2ohms. At six volts you could only hit the button for a quick second, no long draws on it. (after I break it in I will give the 6 volt another whirl and see how it goes)
Also, after my initial fill, after I gave it a few puffs I went back and topped it off. So give the thread in there some time to wick up.

I will say I am getting a pretty hearty hit at 3.7 volts, better than cartos. Taste, like I said, I can't really tell yet but it seems pretty good.

I will update over the next day or two on how it goes. I have a map at the 2.8 level Stu, I'll fuss with that in a bit and see if maybe the cause of your dissatisfaction is due to needing the 3.2version. As I am typing and vaping, I am liking it more. Go with an 18650 battery Stu and if that is what you are using, than order them at 3.2ohms.

So far I am liking it. I know the constant 6 volt vaping was getting to me because I got my smokers voice back but my plan all along was to drop down just a wee bit. I am amazed that the draw is much easier and airier at 3.7 than on cartos. I hated cartos at 3.7

FYI, I got mine at cov

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Quick update for anyone following this thread. Day three with the clearomizer. Day three with the same battery. I forgot how much longer the 18650's last. I got walluped with what I am guessing is the flu because I am still sick as a dog. My ability to taste and breath is pretty flippen off right now. Still need a mild nic fix, even when sick. No way could I have vaped at 6 with being this sick and no way did I have the lung capacity to pull a draw off a carto at 3.7. The draw on the clearomizer thing is so much easier. With the combo I am using it is a cooler than I am use to but I still get a nice TH and lots of vaper-of course halo is famous for that.

So to sum it up, a 3.2ohm clearomizer on a 3.7 chuck is pretty nice. I am a long way off to playing with all this new stuff but if anyone was looking to try them I give it a thumbs up, especially if you just like to take a hit, put it down and take another a minute latter. The only draw back is chain vaping, you have to give it a bit more time between button hits or it will taste burnt. So my cartos still will have their place with me.

I'll update again latter when I feel better and will also update when I play around with the higher voltage and my maptank which is basically the same as the clearomizer with a much higher juice capacity.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Now that I can actually breath and taste. Clearomizer is great. I might actually play around with a lower ohm on 3.7 batts (when I get my little chuck back-its on loan to my daughters BF) It is a big hit, just really cool compared to what I am use to with the cartos at six. I guess there are times when cooler would be better if I start playing around with different juice again. Got a new bottle of TV, might have to give it a whirl.
This is were I think the clearos will be good, with all the different occassional vapes, not my everyday one. This one sat for about a week with my liquid in it and it is all good so unlike a carto that got filled and stuck away only to get kind of dried out, the clearomizer is going to be a nice asset.
I just filled up a 3.2 map tank. Started with the 3.7 batt but went to six. I'll post that under the map tank thread. All I can say is that if I thought my halo was heavenly before......with the map or the clearomizers it is amazing how much different liquid tastes without the filler!

ETA: Stu, has any of this been helping? I know with cartos they are all not created equal in regards to performance. If you want to trade one, I'll send you a 3.2, you can send me a lower one to mess with. Just IM me. :)

Last edited:

ArtificialReef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Virginia
At the beginning of this I was worried. My Chuck should be here soon and I ordered some 2.4-2.6 ohm clearomizers to go on it. Normally I vape 2.0 ohm cartos, on a 3.7v rig, either a roughstack with 18650 batts, or a beast of a little box mod I got from Madvapes that uses 14500s. I like the LR cartos on 3.7v they are warm and glorious. I am hoping that this works out. I am excited about having this all put together.

SirPluto

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
I am currently using clearomizers. I have some LR and some normal. Both have their upsides I think it more depends on the juice than anything. I think the next ones I order are going to be 2.8-3.0. I have found that some flavors dont work well with the clearomizers. I have found that the RY4 from freedom smoke USA tastes burnt after only a few drags. No problems with any other flavors. Like someone posted earlier I find that tipping them up so that the fluid runs up towards the ceramic cup helps a lot. I also fill mine back up when they get about 3/4 empty just helps with the wicking problem. Hope this helps.

SirPluto

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Juice does make a big difference. No troubles with my halo. I got some apple cinn. TV juice, it ate my clearomizer! Turned it all white and the thing actually got mushy enough that when I went to screw it on it collapsed and leaked all over.....kind of a scary ick factor there.

Yeah I don't think I would smoke anymore of that! lol.

ArtificialReef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Virginia
Well, I got my clearomizers....UGH Horrible!!:nah: Awful burnt taste. Even turning it over or laying it on its side was not enough to get them to wick well. I did try the 2.4-2.6 ohm. I normally use the 2.0 ohm Boge cartos. The ones I have ohm out at 2.2 ohms.

I saw some videos on how to supposedly mod them to make them work properly, but I have a problem buying something that should be new, then taking it apart and fixing it in order to make it function as intended. I will not be buying more of these.

This makes me wonder if it would be worth getting a Map tank from COV. I have been eyeballing them and want one. I love the idea of putting 5ml or so of juice and calling it good. But aren't these the same cartos as the clearomizers just in a bigger tank? I was thinking that I should get a higher resistance...maybe 3ohm or something. I don't know. I do know that I don't want to spend 30 dollars on something that works as good as the clearomizers.

Anyone have an AVS for the GGTS? and how well do they work?

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Probably too low on the clearos. Mine are the 3.2 xl's and they only are good at 3.7V
I have a 2.8 ce in a map, that too, only good at 3.7V
The 3.2 ohm ce on the map is the way to go but at six volts, they can get a bit touchy with the burnt thing. The tend to do alot better after you use it for just a wee bit.
I do agree, depends on the juice.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Hi Mary, I get mine from Clouds of Vapor, Bruce actually has a selection of the various ohms. Nhaler also carries them.
Pretty much get all my cartos etc from these two vendors.

AR, you'd probably get a better answer over at COV. The map has more room around it so folks like it better than the CE2s and the clearos. It isn't a horrid investment and if you cut your own ce's then it is pretty economical. I am still on the fence with the map but don't have regrets about buying it. Just not sure if it is gonna be an all day thing for me to use or something I will use when it is convenient.
Like I posted before, you can buy a shorter extension or heck, you can order a chuck with a retooled end cap. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread