The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

cloggy 510 atomizers?

Discussion in 'Atomizer Issues' started by Annastasia, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Annastasia

Annastasia Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    Looking for some opinions as to what I'm doing wrong here.

My husband and I both have 510 manual e-cigs. He only uses prefilled cartridges and is a pretty light vaper, while I use liquid cut with VG and hardly put the e-cig down all day.

Probably not surprising that his atomizers all seem to work a lot better than mine, but I'm looking for some advice on how to minimize the difference. Mine work great for a day or two, then the draw gets really hard and I have to soak them in vodka overnight. Once I do that, they're back to hitting and drawing perfectly, but I'm worried that I might be killing my atomizers slowly.

Do you think it's the liquid I'm using, or just how often I'm hitting it? It seems like the VG makes the biggest difference -- when I use uncut liquid, I get an extra day out of the atty. I'm trying to get down to making my own 0-nic liquid though...Is there something I could use that is a bit easier on the atomizers?

Thanks for any tips. :)

2. Zestok90

Zestok90 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2009
    Mentor, OH
    From my expereince with the 510 attys, they do start to get a little cloggy. I'm a mega dripper and honestly I'm quite suprised my attys are still alive after a month of almost all dripping. I boil them every couple days and let them sit over night, and mine are still working perfectly. Its like a car, if you keep up with it, it'll last forever and run great. If you let it sit and never do any maitenance on it, things start to break.

3. happily

happily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2009
    anchorage, ak
    I've had mine over a month and don't do anything to it ,,except blow it out if it gets too gurgly and it vapes great.

Have you tried the straw mod on the carts, anna

4. Zestok90

Jun 27, 2009
    Mentor, OH
    Wow nice man haha.
    I don't ever want to risk it.
    I'm super OCD with my e-cigs.

The straw mod is awesome though!
    Definitely give it a shot.
    I stole a box of like 300 coffee stirers from my work.
    All my carts will be modded for a lifetime probably!:evil:

5. skyward

skyward Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2009
    Nacogdoches,tx
    I too have heard of vg being more likely to clog. I got my dura (510)the last week of feb and the first atty i used i cleaned with alchohol after one week.this atty malfed and took 2 batts with it.since then all i do is blow them out. the 2 holes on the side are prone to clogging and you need to cover the center hole on the batt side and blow thru on cart side to clear them.have not lost another atty in 4months and all work great.

6. Annastasia

Annastasia Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    I did try the straw mod; maybe I did it wrong but I didn't notice any difference so I stopped doing it.

Thanks for the help all. :)

7. Zestok90

Jun 27, 2009
    Mentor, OH
    You're welcome!
    And if you do try the straw mod ever again, make sure you have a little extra open space at the bottom where there is no polyfill.
    I messed mine up the first time, but once I figureed it out, it works so much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.