State of the 510 atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammal

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Seems I don't come around here nearly often enough, anymore...

Anyhow, in the "glory days" of my switch to e-cigs - meaning anything prior to December 2011 - seemingly all types of 510 atomizer could be made to last *at least* a month and often clean as good as new.

This encouraged me to invest in 510 equipment, oddly enough, as 901s were proving fragile to clean and prone to unsatisfying lifetime then...

Come my last orders around the holidays, I thought I'd bought a year's supply of atomizers - and after the first few died, came around here and noticed some acknowledgment as to a sudden change in longevity.

Well, now I'm down to my last out of that new pile, and have realized I need to be a little more proactive about changing them when the draw gets bad* - so are long-lived, non-clogging 510 atomizers simply a thing of the past, or does anyone have any tips on a manufacturer or source that's "resolved" the rapid-mortality/hard-draw issues?

Or have 901s suddenly become resilient while the 510 parts have gone iffy?

*Seems letting the draw get "sucking-a-bowling-ball" awful turned what began as a short ear infection into a bit of a chronic recurring eustachian tube dysfunction/irritation on me. Unfortunately the hard-draw problem with the newer 510 parts [and perhaps my laziness at cleaning them] creeps up gradually enough that I don't realize it until I've set it off again, but having figured it out after months, paying more attention and switching off to VG e-gloop for a while seems to be resolving it. "Don't be me" as regards that. (Not outright allergic to PG, but it has a drying effect that kept roughing things up.)

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I drill one of my air holes out w/ 1/32 inch drill bit and this restores the draw again, then the atty typically lasts me about a week more. I use 100% VG- could be part of the problem for sure w/ clogging attys- I find the Joye are the worst- although I like them when they are new. EM seems a bit better brand for longevity and draw but it eventually clogs too and needs drilling.

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
If you drip, and if you haven't tried a LR Bridgless 306 yet, I would suggest that. I've been using the smartvapes dripping 1.8ohm attys for like 5 months now, and the taste and smoothness are awesome, they seem to last me around a month before the performance drops, not bad for less than 6 bucks each... And might last longer if I cleaned them... I need more TH now though, so I'm about to get over my cheapness and get a couple Avid Cysco 306's, or maybe a hh 357... Drool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread