Cloned 4Nine hits harder than an authentic Shotgun Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrg8630

Feb 24, 2013
Chicago
I just bought the authentic Shotgun mod from Emit Vapor and let me tell you, I am highly devastated. I went to my car to put in a battery in the new mod and found the floating pin looked burnt. I returned to the store and asked them if I can take a look at the pin from their display case. The pin from mine compared to the one in the display case was way off. The pin looked like it was burnt at the bottom and top of the pin. The only thing that had silver plating was just the middle portion. Mind you this is what I only found when I was still outside the store. Getting back to my place, I found out that "all" the threads had black residue, it took me a long time and a lot of Qtips to clean. The threads had black debris like you would find on a mech that has been used for a while with out cleaning. I then decided to do a voltage drop test and that even made my heart sink. The test was between a cloned cooper 4Nine versus an authentic Shotgun Mod, using a Plume Veil RDA. The Plume Veil RDA’s build is (.22ohm) 26ga dual parallel coil. The results were from a fresh battery, the Shotgun had a .77 drop and the .42 drop. Thats a .35 difference between an authentic versus a clone. Having spent $216 even though it was $220 (military discount), I was devastated that a clone performed better than an authentic.

Despraci

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2014
Palmyra, PA
Sadly even a properly crafted 4nine will hit I harder then most any mod out there. The design reduces voltage drop very well. The Stingray X with the hybrid cap is very similar and has great performance and hits hard too, even on a poorly created mod. I have a $35 clone that hits harder then a authentic I spent $260 on and jumped through hoops to pay for and have shipped in. But I still love the mod because it was a design I loved and I wanted to support the original creator.

mcrg8630

Feb 24, 2013
Chicago
Sadly even a properly crafted 4nine will hit I harder then most any mod out there. The design reduces voltage drop very well. The Stingray X with the hybrid cap is very similar and has great performance and hits hard too, even on a poorly created mod. I have a $35 clone that hits harder then a authentic I spent $260 on and jumped through hoops to pay for and have shipped in. But I still love the mod because it was a design I loved and I wanted to support the original creator.

I own both, the 4nine and stingray black edition (stripped and polished) and they hit famously well. I know what you mean, when it comes to jumping through hoops and paying a lot. It took me 2 months and a dozen dreams at night before I purchased this authentic Shotgun mod, that left me with blue balls. Its very very sad that authentic is being beat by clones. I do want to support the original creators, but sometimes i feel as that they get too greedy with the pricing. I don't know what they have to go through and how much they have to invest to produce their products. The only thing that I see wrong with that picture is someone is making knock offs for 3/4 of the price and works better than the authentic.

Ms82082

Verified Member
It's all in design. If you remove a hunk of metal electricity has to pass through from battery to get to atty it's only logical that you will have less voltage drop. Direct connection will always win no matter what. If you are looking for mod with least voltage drop I suggest anything with hybrid top cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread