"Clones" are actually the REAL THING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
You keep saying the original makers of those mods' stole' their logos... why do you say that? How do you know that they didn't license those originals from their artists? Because copyright is a whole lot easier to obtain than either trademark or patent, and the artists could sue over copyright of their drawings comparatively easily. What you are spreading, at least 3x that I've counted on this thread alone, is slander against those companies if it's not true. And those companies can take legal action against you.

So you must have real strong evidence of this. How do you know those companies stole those logos, since you keep telling us they do/did by name?

Surefire and Mojo have both claimed that they own the intellectual property rights to their images. If you license something you dont own it. Atmomixani hasn't done this yet, but it's pretty obvious that they haven't licensed the AOD. I've sent them a number of emails inquiring about this and they've yet to reply. If in fact they are licensing the AOD, why wouldn't they say they were?

And yes, I've stated this a few times for people like you that have put the "original designers" on a pedistal. They're nothing more than business men selling an over priced product that they've hyped up themselves so that some buyers can make themselves feel good about spending $200 on a metal tube that holds a battery.

As far as the original designers coming after me? I'd love to see that happen, but it won't because I'm right.

What's really funny is that some original owners are ok with the mechs design being cloned, but it's the images they have a problem with. Lol because we all know it's the images that make the mech.

The bottom line is buy what you want. If a $200 mech increases your self worth, then great. Many of us don't need to spend that kind of money and shouldn't be looked down on by others that need that type of positive reinforcement.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
IMO, there really is very little that is all that new under the sun. Everything that man creates is built upon something previously done before. As an example, look at the history of the internal combustion engine, some of the components (cam/crankshaft) go back to the third century and there has been a lot of patent disputes won/lost/denied and a LOT of outright "cloning" along the way. And yet, at it's basics, it is still the same engine that we have been using for over 100 years - just little tweaks here and there and a whole slew of "offboard" devices added on.

"Cloning" happens all the time and has happened since someone chipped a spear point out of flint. This evil "cloning" is what has enabled man's technology to advance as rapidly as it has. People getting their panties in a wad about someone withholding a technology from another have often led to murder and wars where people murder each other by the thousands and everything in between.

Trademarks\Copyrights, on the other hand, don't have anything to do with the technology of a device or how good or poorly a device works. Trademarks\Copyright disputes are usually handled in a more civil manor.

As a consumer, Trademarks\Copyright disputes are not my concern, that is something for courts to decide. Word of mouth conjecture is just that and statements buy a particular party in a dispute prove nothing even if it may seem obvious true.

At least in the US, people are innocent of crimes until they are proven guilty.

As to whether or not at least some of these clones are "the real thing", it would make good business in some cases if they were but that too is conjecture.

All I know is that I bought a product that was legitimately for sale at the time of purchase through a legitimate vendor. I feel no shame.

I did remove the etchings from my Nemesis clone but not bc of any legal disputes - I just don't care for them. I also do not wear jewelry or tattoos - but that is just me.

BTW.

Do you have a tattoo of a brand logo that is not licensed? That's trademark infringement.

Did you ever sing "Happy Birthday To You" to a loved one/friend and not send in a royalty check? That's copyright infringement.

Musicians, did you every play songs at a party, around a campfire or in a dive and the royalties not paid? That's copyright infringement.

You break the law every day in some form or other and ignorance of those laws is no excuse from being prosecuted for them.

Just bc you got away with it means nothing, this does not exclude you from a moral obligation. If you are one of the high horse moralists, I think it is time to send in your payments.

The rest of us "outlaws" will keep our money and vape on.

Only if it is recorded to be sold for profit.... Otherwise any song is fair game to play live by anyone...

sdogre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Calgary, Canada/ Kenedy,Texas
Surefire and Mojo have both claimed that they own the intellectual property rights to their images. If you license something you dont own it. Atmomixani hasn't done this yet, but it's pretty obvious that they haven't licensed the AOD. I've sent them a number of emails inquiring about this and they've yet to reply. If in fact they are licensing the AOD, why wouldn't they say they were?

And yes, I've stated this a few times for people like you that have put the "original designers" on a pedistal. They're nothing more than business men selling an over priced product that they've hyped up themselves so that some buyers can make themselves feel good about spending $200 on a metal tube that holds a battery.

As far as the original designers coming after me? I'd love to see that happen, but it won't because I'm right.

What's really funny is that some original owners are ok with the mechs design being cloned, but it's the images they have a problem with. Lol because we all know it's the images that make the mech.

The bottom line is buy what you want. If a $200 mech increases your self worth, then great. Many of us don't need to spend that kind of money and shouldn't be looked down on by others that need that type of positive reinforcement.

Atmomixani has already responded, he has his image trademarked and everything else is legally used read a couple pages back, he probably hasn't wasted his time responding to your emails after reading through posts like this and not wanting to waste his time with someone with your views

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Atmomixani has already responded, he has his image trademarked and everything else is legally used read a couple pages back, he probably hasn't wasted his time responding to your emails after reading through posts like this and not wanting to waste his time with someone with your views

Really? Atmomixani trademarked the AOD? Wrong!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Wow needed to make some more :pop:
This thread is like the energizer bunny, it just keeps going and going and going and going and going.

PopCornEatingGirl.gif

Vape On
:vapor:

Hahahaha... This gets funnier every time I come back, Why is this such an emotional topic?

Because the clone/counterfeit fanbois keep defending the rip-off of modders.

I will say it again, counterfeiting is just a rippoff.......try paying for you counterfeit/clone with counterfeit money. Better yet see if fastec will accept money fresh of the home printer.

See how that works for ya.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB

I will say it again, counterfeiting is just a rippoff.......try paying for you counterfeit/clone with counterfeit money. Better yet see if fastec will accept money fresh of the home printer.

Fasttech doesn't except cash :( Can I have your credit card to buy one? lol

D1RGE.EXE

Nov 8, 2013
SoCal, baby!

Sorry, and you don't feel ripped off for spending $300+ for a switch in a tube? As soon as those guys pay a penny to the originator that invented the e-cigarette (I think its posted on pg 25 or something) then they can get back on their high horse with you.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my Fastech Magneto, which thanks to the deeply-etched WOOLISTON on the side, completely makes it an original mod. I'll probably sleep better at night too.

ta2dave76

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Las Vegas

It's not a clone, it's a replica, and I dont shop at FT.

albcig

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2012
tirana

a clone is something that performs an action, money is something that has a value ( both have also different legal implications ). so the 2 concepts are so radically different that comparing them is a nonsense

tricci

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2011
Philadelphia
I think Ihybrid and Svoemesto have done something great, they produce high end, awesome performing devices, at an affordable price (the Pure and the Kayfun Lite). I wouldn't spend money on a clone of the Pure when I can have the original for $100. Ihy produces much more expensive devices but also budget priced ones too, same with Svoemesto. If more high end mod makers to their cues from Ihybrid and Svoemesto they wouldn't have to worry so much about clones. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread