Status
Not open for further replies.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Thought I would take a shot at cloning The Milkman. I've been vaping a bottle for about a week. The taste for me is a little hard to describe. Most people say it is an untoasted pop tart in vanilla ice cream. I think I pick up a really smooth carmel too. I came up with this recipe to start and hope some people will join in and see if we can get something close. The people at vaping Rabbit use a flavor extraction process so I doubt we can get that close to it since their flavors are made in house and cant be bought. But, that's not to say we can't come out of the other end of the rabbit hole with something good.

These are all TFA flavors:

Pie Crust 3%
Dulce Le Leche 3%
Organic Strawberry 3%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 3%
Dairy Milk 3%
EM 1%

This, my first batch, I screwed up and put in 3% EM. My EM is crystals mixed 1/4 tsp to 20 ml PG and I think most people mix theirs at 10 ml so I probably didn't over do it too much. I mixed it about an hour ago and have it in the ultrasonic. Any support, comments or whatever is appreciated.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
At the ratios listed, the flavor was a bit muted for me. I don't use EM as I hate coil gunking, especially on my claptons. I raised the ratios a bit, but still need to up the strawberry a bit. I got a new bottle of milkman online and have been comparing back and forth. So far, even with dull strawberry, it's better than the real thing IMO. Here's what I'm running it at now, with plans to bump up the strawberry 2% more:

All TFA:

Pie Crust 4%
Dulce Le Leche 3%
Organic Strawberry 5%
Dairy Milk 3%

Jaypeeayy

Feb 17, 2013
Glendale
At the ratios listed, the flavor was a bit muted for me. I don't use EM as I hate coil gunking, especially on my claptons. I raised the ratios a bit, but still need to up the strawberry a bit. I got a new bottle of milkman online and have been comparing back and forth. So far, even with dull strawberry, it's better than the real thing IMO. Here's what I'm running it at now, with plans to bump up the strawberry 2% more:

All TFA:

Pie Crust 4%
Dulce Le Leche 3%
Organic Strawberry 5%
Dairy Milk 3%
That's great to hear man. I'll try this one out. Did you let it steep a little before hand?

Reactions: Kenna

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
That's great to hear man. I'll try this one out. Did you let it steep a little before hand?
I never let anything steep. I am too impatient for that. Once I get it where I think it's perfect I'll likely make a 500ml batch to steep and a 120ml batch to Vape in the meantime. It's a great flavor so far. After a few days it's really coming together but still needs a little more strawberry. I've gone through 30ml in 2 days lol.

Jaypeeayy

Feb 17, 2013
Glendale
I never let anything steep. I am too impatient for that. Once I get it where I think it's perfect I'll likely make a 500ml batch to steep and a 120ml batch to Vape in the meantime. It's a great flavor so far. After a few days it's really coming together but still needs a little more strawberry. I've gone through 30ml in 2 days lol.
Good to know. It'll probably taste even better after a good steep. Props to you and the OP. I'll make a batch, maybe tweak it, and post feedback when ready.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana

All TFA:

Pie Crust 4%
Dulce Le Leche 3%
Organic Strawberry 5%
Dairy Milk 3%
Thought this thread would die off but glad to see some interest. After some initial tasting I sat the test batch aside. Been 17 days now and am surprised to say it does have some similarity to Milkman. I think you're correct that the percentages need adjusting. In my batch I think it needs more strawberry and less Dulce Le Leche. Thinking I might also add a small amount of Malted Milk. To me I feel like there are two flavors mixing together that gives Milkman it's unique flavor.

Jaypeeayy

Feb 17, 2013
Glendale
Thought this thread would die off but glad to see some interest. After some initial tasting I sat the test batch aside. Been 17 days now and am surprised to say it does have some similarity to Milkman. I think you're correct that the percentages need adjusting. In my batch I think it needs more strawberry and less Dulce Le Leche. Thinking I might also add a small amount of Malted Milk. To me I feel like there are two flavors mixing together that gives Milkman it's unique flavor.
I do agree there are some subtle similarities but not quite there yet. Don't get me wrong it's pretty damn good, but I'm still missing that thick milky taste that the milkman uniquely provides. I do agree that the dulce de leche is overpowering and the strawberry needs to be increased. For that milky aspect, maybe the addition of FA Fresh Cream would help? I'm going to make a batch with the changes and post the results.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Can the Organic Strawberry be replaced with Strawberry Ripe and still get a similar flavor? I just haven't ever tried organic strawberry, nor have I tried the Milkman, so doubt it would make much of a dif to me. lol However, I would definitely like to try this mix.

Jaypeeayy

Feb 17, 2013
Glendale
Can the Organic Strawberry be replaced with Strawberry Ripe and still get a similar flavor? I just haven't ever tried organic strawberry, nor have I tried the Milkman, so doubt it would make much of a dif to me. lol
You know.. Come to think of it it might actually turn out better with ripe strawberry. It does give a sweeter and more "pop tart" kind of taste. The organic strawberry to me is kind of..too organic lol. Great idea I'll probably use that in my next batch or mix the two. [emoji106]

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I do agree there are some subtle similarities but not quite there yet. Don't get me wrong it's pretty damn good, but I'm still missing that thick milky taste that the milkman uniquely provides. I do agree that the dulce de leche is overpowering and the strawberry needs to be increased. For that milky aspect, maybe the addition of FA Fresh Cream would help? I'm going to make a batch with the changes and post the results.

Yeah, let us know how it comes out. I kept a bottle of the real Milkman with a half ml or so in the bottom. When comparing it to my clone, original is creamier and sweeter.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Yeah, let us know how it comes out. I kept a bottle of the real Milkman with a half ml or so in the bottom. When comparing it to my clone, original is creamier and sweeter.
Maybe switch the dairy milk with sweet cream.

Last edited:

Jaypeeayy

Feb 17, 2013
Glendale
Maybe switch the dairy milk with vanilla bean ice cream, or even sweet cream.
We already have vanilla bean ice cream in the recipe, might increase it a little bit. I was thinking about sweet cream but I've never used it before so I don't know how it tastes haha.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
We already have vanilla bean ice cream in the recipe, might increase it a little bit. I was thinking about sweet cream but I've never used it before so I don't know how it tastes haha.

Yeah I saw that so I edited it out. Don't know why I didnt see it earlier. I use it in my Strawberry Custard recipe. There are so many other creams/custards in the recipe that I can't pick it out but it doesn't cause it to taste bad, if that makes any sense.

I have all that stuff at home, I'll put together a 10 ml sample and see what its like. I haven't tried Milkman before, but if it tastes like a Pop Tart, I'll know what I'm trying to shoot for!

Jaypeeayy

Feb 17, 2013
Glendale
Update:

Okay so I made a new batch with the following.

Organic strawberry 3%
Ripe strawberry 3%
Dulce de leche 2%
Dairy milk 3%
Pie crust 5%
Vanilla bean ice cream 5%
EM 1%
FA Fresh cream 2%

Positive notes:

The reduction of the dulce de leche helped open up the other flavors. The addition of ripe strawberry brought that flavor out as well. I also added FA fresh cream to help with the milky flavor and it has seem to have helped quite a bit as well.

Negative notes:
I still don't taste the "crust" of the pop tart. It is milky, but is lacking in sweetness. It tastes like an unsweetened half and half milk. I kinda dig it lol. Other than that it's getting pretty good. I'm debating if I want to add sweet cream to it... But I think I'll let it steep for a couple days.

Jaypeeayy

Feb 17, 2013
Glendale
If anyone is interested, Beyond Vape is stocking The Milkman in a 180ml bottle for $60. Works out to .33 a ml. Not a bad price. Indiana is gonna shut down the eliquid market for all intent and purposes. I could take our mix and mix in 25% of the real thing and end up with 720 ml. Just a thought in soon to be desperate times.
Make sure it's The Milkman from vaping rabbit and not The Milkman from onehitwonder e liquids. There's two different ones with the same name lol. Sounds like it's the one from onehitwonder as they only sell their juices in 180ml for $60 as well. I have been wanting to try their version of the milkman though...but $60 for something that could not taste good is risky [emoji53]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread