[CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenousPathogen

Jul 15, 2015
Well, I've had my TMod for about 2 months now and I am NOT impressed. Worst 350+ I've ever spent. I've tried different batteries, multiple atty's, numerous builds and I'm lucky if it ever fires. From day one, it occasionally fired, taken it fully apart 3 times and made sure everything is clean and still nothing. I'll stick with my REO's.

Reactions: muzichead

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Well, I've had my TMod for about 2 months now and I am NOT impressed. Worst 350+ I've ever spent. I've tried different batteries, multiple atty's, numerous builds and I'm lucky if it ever fires. From day one, it occasionally fired, taken it fully apart 3 times and made sure everything is clean and still nothing. I'll stick with my REO's.
Is it by chance one thats been ceracoted? Mine had over the ceracote inside where the part with the atty sits and was doing simular. I took some wet dry sand paper and removed it and it resolved to issue.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Red Alert! People..I have a TMod Dually ..the older model, not the Microdually. Today I pulled out the batteries to replace them after around 3 days of use and nearly 10 ml of juice. One of the batteries as at 4.08 volts while the other was at 3.08 volts. The batteries (brown LGs) were paired for as long as I remember. Now this could very well be dirty contacts but the difference is too big for a comfortable explanation like this one. Anybody with experience with the dually to pitch in? Also am I right in assuming that I shouldn't pair these batteries again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Red Alert! People..I have a TMod Dually ..the older model, not the Microdually. Today I pulled out the batteries to replace them after around 3 days of use and nearly 10 ml of juice. One of the batteries as at 4.08 volts while the other was at 3.08 volts. The batteries (brown LGs) were paired for as long as I remember. Now this could very well be dirty contacts but the difference is too big for a comfortable explanation like this one. Anybody with experience with the dually to pitch in? Also am I right in assuming that I shouldn't pair these batteries again?

Wow, Tamer, it looks like only 1 battery was making contact. The other one is still basically fully charged. I don't have one of the TMod duallys, but have other dual battery mods. I'd check out your contacts. Something there isn't making contact. As far as using them again, I've seen where one charge cycle difference won't really matter. Just as long as they are the same brand, basically the same amount of charge/discharge cycles, you should be OK. Is this mod a parallel mod? If so, use one battery and test the voltage at the 510. If it reads, switch to the other side and try it again. If something isn't making, you'll find it there. If it's series, check for the 8+ volts at the 510. But don't use the mod until you find your problem.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Wow, Tamer, it looks like only 1 battery was making contact. The other one is still basically fully charged. I don't have one of the TMod duallys, but have other dual battery mods. I'd check out your contacts. Something there isn't making contact. As far as using them again, I've seen where one charge cycle difference won't really matter. Just as long as they are the same brand, basically the same amount of charge/discharge cycles, you should be OK. Is this mod a parallel mod? If so, use one battery and test the voltage at the 510. If it reads, switch to the other side and try it again. If something isn't making, you'll find it there. If it's series, check for the 8+ volts at the 510. But don't use the mod until you find your problem.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Thanks my friend. This is a good advice. It's a parallel mod. I'll put them both in the charger and give the mod a good cleaning and take it from there.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Thanks my friend. This is a good advice. It's a parallel mod. I'll put them both in the charger and give the mod a good cleaning and take it from there.

Parallel batteries are more forgiving than series, in terms of pairing. It can be an open marriage a bit ;)

And yeah, just clean it. Strip it down and bath in iso or acetone overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread