Cloud chasing, Lemo style..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
I recently bought an eleaf Lemo with an istick 50w. A friend of mine invited me to a cloud chasing competition this weekend. I haven't been able to build a coil that can produce. Just curious if anyone can offer any advice? Lowest I've gone is a .8ohm macrocoil with 28g twisted kanthal wrapped on a 3mm bit. Any tips on a build that would be considered capable of chasing them clouds? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PS: I'm aware RTAs aren't the best for chasin'..

DarkEgo

Sep 8, 2014
Delaware, USA
Personally with my Lemo Drop I cant take the wattage above 35 watts with any coil or wick set up I have tried. The best for clouds seems to come with 24 GA standard coil around 7/8 wraps on a 2.4 mm precision screwdriver. If you want to get serious there are plenty of low cost RDA's and almost all of them will embarrass the Lemo when it comes to clouds. Off the top of my head the doge, mutation x (v2 or v3), clt (v2, 2+, or 3), Dark Horse, or my personal favorite the El Cabron can all be found fairly cheap and will blow monster clouds!

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
I actually built myself a dual coil setup this morning using a single piece of kanthal, whatever gauge comes in the box, about 9 wraps each on a 2.5 mm bit. Came out at 0.5ohms. I'm pretty happy with it and have been able to max the wattage on my iStick. Now I realize why people want 100w box mods. Anyhow, it makes some pretty decent clouds at 50w. I'm not going to be entering the competition, but I wanted to at least be close to the performance of the others there, and I think I got it close enough. Building coils is a pain lol. Thanks for the recommendations, I will look at them.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I recently bought an eleaf Lemo with an iStick 50w. A friend of mine invited me to a cloud chasing competition this weekend. I haven't been able to build a coil that can produce. Just curious if anyone can offer any advice? Lowest I've gone is a .8ohm macrocoil with 28g twisted kanthal wrapped on a 3mm bit. Any tips on a build that would be considered capable of chasing them clouds? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PS: I'm aware RTAs aren't the best for chasin'..

How many amps do you have to work with, that's the true question? I'd suggest finding where the lowest ohm limit is, and building just a tad higher to be safe, but still getting maximum clouds. My advice is to build the smallest diameter coil your comfortable with, (I love 1/16th" coils for moderate power, they heat up AT LEAST 2x faster than thicker diameter coils (like 1/8th" or similar, they take ALOT more time to heat up because of how much wet wick they have to "overpower" if that makes sense. Try building the lowest ohm, 1/16th" micro-coil setup and see how that works for ya :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread