Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
cloud blowing contests? sounds dangerous imo. vaping shouldn't be about this and if these contests are indeed being held they should at least have a low resistance limit.

I wouldn't go with a low resistance limit, that depends on the battery being used. I would make a rule allowing max 80% of continuous discharge rating and check the battery used and coil resistance. That would keep it safe, fair and still interesting.

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
They had a cloud contest down here today at a Local B&M. One guy ran .04 dual 22g coils on cotton with dual 18650's at 6 volts. I didn't get to see the contest but watched the same guy last night fog an entire store in less than 5 minutes.

Stacked 650's with ~0.04 load... dude must have a death wish :facepalm:.

I highly frown upon that level of disregard for battery safety.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Absolutely nothing wrong with running ultra sub ohm, as long as you keep it safe.

.04, TO ME, just sounds too close to the edge for comfort. All that needs to happen is for the coil(s) to shift every so slightly in the wrong direction, and the connection changes, and bam, dead short.

Besides, If cloud size is the ONLY goal, coil ohm-age isn't the determining factor. Airflow plays a HUGE roll. Now, if we're trying to get both clouds and flavor, thats a different story. But if cloud size is the only goal, you dont NEED to go ultra low. Get the airflow right on a well built 1ohm coil, and you'd be very surprised what kind of clouds you can make.

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 13, 2012
    OC, CA
    Actually, yeah I don't what to hear about any vaper actually getting hurt. Besides bad press, that's just bad juju. But yes, it has happened.

I typically look at it from more of a performance standpoint, you can pull a trailer with a Prius but why. Personally I don't have the cash to replace my batteries every week or so. Dude should not be trying to pull 150+ amps from two 18650's, that's crazy.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    ^ LOL, I like it. Automatic DQ if exceed 80% of the max ccr.

I take it vapdivrr doesn't get down like the west cost, no offense. :)

I go .3 in a dual coil set up in the aqua tank and wouldn't attempt any lower, but in a competition its a little different, people might attempt things they might not otherwise do just to win. hopefully these people will take this seriously.

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 13, 2012
    OC, CA
    I go .3 in a dual coil set up in the aqua tank and wouldn't attempt any lower, but in a competition its a little different, people might attempt things they might not otherwise do just to win. hopefully these people will take this seriously.

All right alright, so you are with the business divrr :vapor::vapor::vapor:

Yeah, I fully agree with you. I didn't think about it from that angle. But yeah, hence the guy stacking 650's... I think we're on the same page. Sub ohming is fine as long as you know what you're doing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread