Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
My personal favourite is the Velocity Mini. Excellent build deck, reduced chamber for denser more flavoursome vapour, and massively variable airflow from tight to wide open. Can be picked up from Chinese retailers for about $7. I've been using them for years and have yet to find a better rda, for my vaping preferences at least.

IomBZo0.jpg

E3AwHzl.jpg

swampcrawler

Apr 26, 2019
My personal favourite is the Velocity Mini. Excellent build deck, reduced chamber for denser more flavoursome vapour, and massively variable airflow from tight to wide open. Can be picked up from Chinese retailers for about $7. I've been using them for years and have yet to find a better RDA, for my vaping preferences at least.

IomBZo0.jpg

E3AwHzl.jpg
Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll get one on order.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Opinionated

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I got my first single 18650 tube recently along with a tugboat v3 rda. Love the tube but the dripper isn’t my favorite. Are there any .22mm (to match the tube) RDAs that can really pump out the vapor? Maybe something running a giant single coil would be best here?
What is it about the tugboat that you don't like? That should be a cloudy RDA.

Reactions: Opinionated

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
@swampcrawler I use dual 26 guage 9 wraps and hit it with about 70 to 80 watts with the lower airflow open about 1 to 2 mm. That build could handle a lot more power if you opened the airflow up some more.
Make sure the top airflow (the little round holes) is closed unless you are using really high power levels. As it makes for a super airy top down airflow, far too much for under 100 watts.

swampcrawler

Apr 26, 2019
What is it about the tugboat that you don't like? That should be a cloudy RDA.

Mostly the top cap design. The top air flow control/drip tip piece keeps falling off and nearly getting lost. I use this thing as my ADV and the last thing I need is to lose that stupid piece at work.

Also no build I put in it can compare to my Hive on my Drag, but I’m not sure anything will when working within the limits of my batteries.

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
r
Mostly the top cap design. The top air flow control/drip tip piece keeps falling off and nearly getting lost. I use this thing as my ADV and the last thing I need is to lose that stupid piece at work.

Also no build I put in it can compare to my Hive on my Drag, but I’m not sure anything will when working within the limits of my batteries.
remove o ring wrap a piece of dental floss once or twice in groove that oring sits in ...replace oring and airflow piece should fit a bit snugger

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
For those who are vaguely interested -

The Velocity Mini is an authentic clone. What I mean is the full size velocity is a relatively expensive (about a nundred quid) authentic RDA by Avid Vaper. Used a generally highly innovative design (specifically the deck) that that was subsequently copied by hundreds of other manufactures, and for good reason. I bought one and even though I love the design and performance, the large size of the chamber lets it down as in my opinion hinders flavor and vapor density. They did release a V2 that had a slightly smaller chamber, but still too large for me.

A number of Chinese companies cloned the basic design but with a much reduced chamber size that hits a real sweet spot for the way I like to RDA. So was born the Velocity Mini.
So in a sense it's a clone, but in another sense it's original as the original designer never produced a device in this size/configuration.

What I like about the Velocity design -
  • Unless you are using Herculean coils, I don't think the velocity deck can be beaten for ease and versatility.
  • The rotating AFC gives almost infinite air flow control. Most importantly irrespective of how wide it is set, it still always covers the full width of the coil providing even cooling. Something very few AFC designs do.
  • The optional top airholes are good for dumping additional cooling air into the chamber without interfering with the direct airflow to the coils. Ideal for Kamikaze hot builds.
  • The AFC has a locking lug that ensures that the airholes are always exactly lined up with the coils.
  • Nice wide and tall chuff cap allowing almost a direct vertical path from coil to mouth hole.
The only gripe I have about the design is the bloody hex grub screws. Too small, too fiddly, too prone to stripping and too small to properly and reliably grab wire smaller than 24G.

I bought my first mini in 2015 and I've used them exclusively since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread