Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I recently bought a new squonker. An ultem purge. It is a little on the larger side, and my tiny 22mm atties are gonna look a little funny on it I believe. So now I'm looking for a 24mm single coil atty that I can match up to it. I have pretty much focused on 22mm small RDAs, so this is a little out of my wheelhouse. Anyone have any suggestions?

I like some restriction.
Flavor > Clouds
Trying to find something with an ultem top cap avaliable for it.

If all else fails, I'm going to grab a recurve and slap on it until I find something else that will match a bit better.

Thanks for any and all assistance!

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Tiger Tek Morphe? Not sure about the ultem tips though. Maybe the Zion?

Folks have also used single coils in the Drop. I have one, tried it, too airy. Don't use it since I got the Drop Solo but that's 22.

Update: Forgot the Govad, buddy I've mine has it, likes it a lot. I'm not so keen. Not so many options in the 24mm diameter for single coil though :(

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Tiger Tek Morphe? Not sure about the ultem tips though. Maybe the Zion?

Folks have also used single coils in the Drop. I have one, tried it, too airy. Don't use it since I got the Drop Solo but that's 22.

Update: Forgot the Govad, buddy I've mine has it, likes it a lot. I'm not so keen. Not so many options in the 24mm diameter for single coil though :(
I will check those out. Thanks!

I had a drop, and just couldn't get it to perform well for me. I used dual and single coil. Even a vertical build. Too airy for me too.

Normally I don't make posts asking for recommendations, but the 24mm single coil thing has me stumped, and will likely just get a recurve since it performs very well and won't look out of place on a larger mod.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
I will check those out. Thanks!

I had a drop, and just couldn't get it to perform well for me. I used dual and single coil. Even a vertical build. Too airy for me too.

Normally I don't make posts asking for recommendations, but the 24mm single coil thing has me stumped, and will likely just get a recurve since it performs very well and won't look out of place on a larger mod.

Yeah the Drop Solo I find much better than the drop. Something about the long wick tails I don't like though. I don't use it that much but it's still in rotation, keep it around for juices that are too intense on the Recurve / Nudge. Recurve is hard to beat though IMO and as you say, it's 24mm cap means it won't look out of place.

Can't speak about the Morphe, again, not tried it. I like the Zion though, haven't bought one simply because I have no real need for a 24mm single coil, I feel they suffer flavour wise the same way the Drop does with just one coil.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Holy crap! I completely forgot they made a 24mm cap for them! Thanks for that!

Yes, the GR1 is my favorite. I have 6 in rotation right now...

How do you find it vs the Recurve?

I see 3F have them on offer at $26 reduced from $39. Might have to grab one if they're that good. It's been on my 'Maybe' list for a long time. From what I can see, the drip tip is of the 'pursed lip' type used on the high end RDAs, the style never appealed much, the reason I don't much use them despite the flavour being good.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
How do you find it vs the Recurve?

I see 3F have them on offer at $26 reduced from $49. Might have to grab one if they're that good. It's been on my maybe list for a long time. From what I can see, the drip tip is of the 'pursed lip' type used on the high end RDAs, the style never appealed much, the reason I don't much use them despite the flavour being good.
It does have the tiniest of tips, but if you look in the thread in this section called Gas Mods GR1 there are a few posts with links to longer replacement tips. You can also sand down any other 510 tip to fit it. I personally hate tips that are long enough to go past my lips so it works for me. I don't purse my lips either, but I can see why someone would with these tips.

The gr1 is not for everyone, but I get noticeably more flavor off of it compared to the recurve. Not a huge difference, but noticeable. Some people have told me that It is too intense of flavor for them though. It also works best around .25+ builds. It can get spitty if you build too low. The airflow is restricted with the large airflow tubes, and slightly more restricted with the small ones. Not MTL style though. 2.5mm coils seem to work best since they drop right in between the airflow perfectly. The squonk pin has a smaller hole in it than other rdas, so squonking is slower, but that's to help not flood the deck.

That's the basic runthrough of it. If you have any questions about it, I'll be glad to help if I can.

I should add, the airflow with the large tubes is similar to the recurve, and the small tubes a bit more restricted. And if you like to take hard hits, this will spit, but If you take easy draws, it works just fine.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Thanks. Ordered. Worth a spin I think, esp with the offer price. I will need another RDA soon so I don't have to juggle with the two squonk mods I already use plus the Drone when it comes, I keep one Recurve in drip mode for when I fancy a few different flavours. Got a few 510 drip tips here too so can always replace that if I need. Be good to try something different too, or rather good to try something that's not crap different ;)

My builds in RDAs all come out around 0.25 - 0.28 with fancy coils (higher if using single wire NiCr 80), will get back to you when it comes.

Cheers.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Thanks. Ordered. Worth a spin I think, esp with the offer price. I will need another RDA soon so I don't have to juggle with the two squonk mods I already use plus the Drone when it comes, I keep one Recurve in drip mode for when I fancy a few different flavours. Got a few 510 drip tips here too so can always replace that if I need. Be good to try something different too, or rather good to try something that's not crap different ;)

My builds in RDAs all come out around 0.25 - 0.28 with fancy coils (higher if using single wire NiCr 80), will get back to you when it comes.

Cheers.
Hope it works out for ya. I love mine. I shelved almost everything else. The gr1 just checks off all the boxes, for me and my vape style at least. I still pull out the entheon from time to time, and sometimes steal the recurve from the wife just to have a little variety.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Thanks. I like the design and price, but the color choices kinda kill it for me.

I am going to place an order for the GR1 24mm top cap and 810 drip tip set, a B2K RSA clone (probably going to have too much airflow for me, but I'll give it a shot), and a gorge if i find one in stock. I am going to wait until I get paid to grab these, since I kinda blew my vape funds on two mods this week.

I am still interested in hearing some more options as well though, you can never have too many RDAs.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I just ordered a wotofo profile rda which is 24mm. It a pretty thick cap also which should reduce the chamber size helping flavor. I’m not sure how you feel about mesh but it does do single coil as well. I’m sure there are better options if you weren’t interested in using mesh though. When built and wicked right I love me some mesh. The design of the Profile makes successful builds a higher likelihood in my estimation. Well that all I got for you, just trying to help the brother out that turned me on to several good rda’s, gr-1 being top of the flavor list. It’s what I use to drip and taste new diy recipes. The gr-1 just pumps out the flavor that remains unmatched by any other rda making it a perfect “tester” rda for new ejuice concoctions. Best of luck to you in the never ending search.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I just ordered a wotofo profile rda which is 24mm. It a pretty thick cap also which should reduce the chamber size helping flavor. I’m not sure how you feel about mesh but it does do single coil as well. I’m sure there are better options if you weren’t interested in using mesh though. When built and wicked right I love me some mesh. The design of the Profile makes successful builds a higher likelihood in my estimation. Well that all I got for you, just trying to help the brother out that turned me on to several good rda’s, gr-1 being top of the flavor list. It’s what I use to drip and taste new diy recipes. The gr-1 just pumps out the flavor that remains unmatched by any other rda making it a perfect “tester” rda for new ejuice concoctions. Best of luck to you in the never ending search.
I've not tried mesh, but that is more of a reason to try it out. I will look into that rda for sure. Sounds interesting, thanks!

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Agree. You can never have too many RDAs UNLESS one of them happens to be a Peerless. Fell for that one! Probably the only RDA I really wish I hadn't bought. Fiddly build deck / post design and the AFC just doesn't cut it for me, like a prime example of looks over functionality. I mean, why would you stagger the AFC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zaryk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread