CloudLiq too strong?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoz3

Mar 21, 2019
Hello!

I recently started to make my own e-juice DIY. Bought CloudLiq 1lit 70VG/30PG with 6mg nicotine. Made 50ml bottle (it already had VG, PG and mixed 6mg nicotine) So I took 40ml of that liquid which already contained everything and only added 10ml of flavor.

Since the e-liquid had everything and only needed the flavor - I thought that I did everything right, but in the end my e-juice mix was too strong. Why so? :/

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
If you mean the flavor was too strong lower the %. You aren’t crazy high but depending on the flavoring used it may be too high. I mix around 10% flavoring generally speaking adjusted to flavoring strength. What flavoring did you use? If you meant too strong nicotine, what mg are you used to?

Smoz3

Mar 21, 2019
If you mean the flavor was too strong lower the %. You aren’t crazy high but depending on the flavoring used it may be too high. I mix around 10% flavoring generally speaking adjusted to flavoring strength. What flavoring did you use? If you meant too strong nicotine, what mg are you used to?

adding 10ml of flavor to 40ml of base is 20% flavor. that's pretty high
8XEtXIq.jpg

VSPqxcF.jpg
Yeah, you are right. I guess I added a little bit more of the flavor. In the second screenshot, you can see that I only needed 12 % of flavor added to my 70VG/30PG+6mg nic. I only needed 6ml of flavor to add to my 44ml(was 50ml) but I added 10ml, huh. Basically, If I made around 83mil bottle (base+nic) only then I needed to add 10ml flavor, right?

Damn, now I'm thinking if I should make a new bottle to make it right this time and throw the bottle which I made a couple of days ago. >.<

Btw guys, in the shop I was only able to buy VG+PG+Nic all together, but I wanted to buy it separately... Is it oke if I buy base and nic together? Or just buy it separately? (My first DIY, sorry for the questions)

Last edited:

Smoz3

Mar 21, 2019
Just dilute it with more of the "base" unflavored. What flavor? Some need time to "steep" and mellow out.

I added 4ml of the base to the mixed e-liquid. Hopefully, the harshness will go off. The flavor which I added was "Cola with coffee". Stepping time was around 6 days. (Included in the spoilers above the screenshot of the flavor)

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
We all buy base and nicotine together, dealing with pure nicotine is extremely dangerous and should be avoided. I buy 100mg/ml nicotine base 50/50 and dilute it down from there. So I have to buy pg and vg seperate to do this. I get 1 liter of 100mg/ml 50/50, 1 liter of pg, and 1 liter of vg. Mix it all together and I have 3 liters of 33mg/ml base 50/50 which I add flavoring to for a final juice that is high 20’s mg/ml. I like lots of nicotine in my juice and depending on the amount of flavoring I add it’s within a few mg’s per ml of what I like. It’s cheaper this way and I throw 2 liters in the freezer for later consumption. Nicotine river is a good site for buying all your diy needs, it’s the one I use but there are others that should cover your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread