Cloudy Cinnabomb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murtcepS

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Michigan
I'm just looking for a reason behind the inconsistency here. Like I said...previous orders were 30%VG. They arrived clear,with a yellow tint,and no noticeable separation. These two bottles are cloudy without shaking them up,and one has a layer of clear liquid on top. It appears that at one time or another I wasn't getting the product I ordered.

The website says..." This flavor does contain some oil. This flavor may seperate if your mix is high in VG." So I get the thin layer of oil on top of one the bottles. However I didn't come across any information that mentioned "Cloudy if high in VG" I'm just disappointed that this 60ml is completely different from what I received in the past.

murtcepS

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Michigan
You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. If you let it sit undisturbed, it will appear a translucent yellow. If you shake it up and incorporate the cinnamon oil (think emulsion, science class) it becomes cloudy. If you enjoyed both vapes, why make a big deal out of something so minor as appearance?

You need to read my post again. This stuff is cloudy after sitting for 24 hours. No translucent yellow,just cloudy with a little bit of oil on top. (1 of the 2 bottles) So there is actually some inconsistency in this order alone. You have to see this stuff.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
I've heard that the oil based flavors aren't safe to vape. I went to walmart to find some flavoring to try and prove this and I believe it was Lorann's cinnamon that says on the bottle not safe for inhalation. It's not just lorann's cinnamon it's all oil based liquids that are unsafe. I'm not just basing this on my walmart experience- I've seen it talked about all over ECF. I'll try to get some references for you all. Right now can't search or link on crappy Tapatalk

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Mine is just like VRubin's but I have a 60PG/40VG mix. As for vaping oils, I think it is just cinnamon oil so I don't think it would be a problem. Plus, let's not kid ourselves here, we're inhaling vaporized liquids. It may be way safer than smoking but I can't imagine it is good for us.

Is that not what this liquid (cinnabomb) contains? .......cinnamon oil? Lol.

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
Is that not what this liquid (cinnabomb) contains? .......cinnamon oil? Lol.

That's my assumption. What's your point? You stated that you heard vaping oils was bad and I stated that I think it is just cinnamon oil so it might be ok. I further stated that while better than smoking (hopefully) it probably still isn't a good thing. So yes, I do believe that Cinnabomb gets it's flavor to some extent from cinnamon oil.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
That's my assumption. What's your point? You stated that you heard vaping oils was bad and I stated that I think it is just cinnamon oil so it might be ok. I further stated that while better than smoking (hopefully) it probably still isn't a good thing. So yes, I do believe that Cinnabomb gets it's flavor to some extent from cinnamon oil.

I thought you were saying "it's just the cinnamon oil that is bad to vape" my bad. Which would be true to some extent if that's what you meant. I think all oil flavors are unhealthy to vape. Oh well....

kpax

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
US
I think it may have to do with temperature change. Not sure what your weather is but I assume getting cold in MI. It was 80 - 90 degrees where I am when I ordered a cinnamon flavor from another vendor 2-3 weeks ago. Clear/lt yellow tint the whole time I have had it. Now it's only in the 60's during the day and 50's at night - same bottle is separating and now cloudy when shaken.

I haven't turned my furnace on yet as I have a gas fireplace, but it's pretty cold in the room where I store it. In my case, I think that is it. Your previous orders may have shipped during warm weather and this may be normal for cold. It tastes the same.

Last edited:

hdpjr68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
N.E. Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
Kpax you may friend are a correct. Molecular bonding is based primarily on the temp. some molecules bond better at higher temps and some at lower temp. The cloudiness is caused by oxygen molecules attempting to bond in VG. I spoke with OP on the phone and we are working something out. I asked that All please read the description of CinnaBomb prior to ordering. We do not hide the fact that this flavor does contain some oil, these molecules are not suspended in oil as an oil base flavor like Lorann"s, but their is some oil in it.

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
In my mixes I have noticed that a few drops of PGA in Cinnamon Oil mixes helps to mix, and shouldn't hurt a bottle with just a few drops. I made some this morning (hence a google and hit this thread) and it was cloudy, I added a few drops of PGA mixed it, and it is no longer cloudy, and not separating for a few hours (3) so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread