Cloudy E-Liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krhx

Jan 1, 2016
Kansas
A friend recently picked up a bottle of this for me from a local shop. It is a gummy bear type flavor. 70vg/30pg 6mg. I have never came across a liquid that isn't clear. Just wanting to know if this is normal for some flavors?
20160106_230424.jpg

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I have heard...
1. This can happen to liquid after exposure to extreme temperatures
2. Certain flavoring concentrates don't mix well and can look this way

But personally, I've never had one like that. If I did, I wouldn't want to vape it. It looks too much like an emulsion, and I don't want any oil in the windbags.

Reactions: defdock

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
well 1st of all, just look at the VG/PG ratio- It's a high VG liquid, so it's going to refract light. VG is very thick. 2nd look at the flavor- It's gummy bear... It probably has a ton of sweetener, among many other flavors. It has a good chance of containing a cloudier flavor considering it's such a complex juice, in-addition to it being high VG and high in sweetener, being a candy flavored e-liquid.

my guess would-be that it looks this way mixed from the vendor. it's probably not the result of mold or contamination, if you're willing to take my bet & word for it. however it is possible for liquid to grow mold... I have vaped e-liquid that was literally OVER FOUR YEARS OLD (it was gifted to me, & the person whom gifted it to me said it was over 2 years old - I then waited 2 years before vaping/finishing it, so, 4yrs all-together) & I have to tell you, the OLDER an e-liquid gets, the DARKER it gets. Hell, some of that 4+ year old juice is black. Some of it is literally pitch black... with brown hues. (& they all started-out light brown & amber) Now, I have got a "clove cigarette" e-liquid that is now over 3+ years old, and it is indeed pitch black in color, & it still tastes like the day I got it and it still kicks my throat like the day i got it... & I took NO special storing precautions. It sits on the bottom shelf of my vape-drawers, a white plastic 3 drawer chest that I bought from Target to keep my vape BS in and on-top of. So, I wouldn't worry too much about it, bcuz in my opinion, e-liquid stores WELL.... It stays well, because our e-liquid bottles are basically air-tight, and so-long as you protect it from air/light, nothing is going to bother it, contamination wise. (bacteria/mold) (well, nothing detrimental to your health... it will ALWAYS be cultivating special bacteria colonies & mold cultures, it's a liquid in a bottle after-all.

I wouldn't think that your case has anything to do with a bacterial infection or mold colony. nope. I'd guess it came straight from the vendor very much in the same aesthetic shape it's in today, in ur posession. :D

If you don't trust it, PIF it here on ECF in the PIF forum/thread or treasure-chest, but be-sure to voice concerns. ;) ENJOY your juice, bro, aint nothin' in it gonna kill ya. & ENJOY yer vaping journey. PEACE!

Reactions: Clied Died

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
I've yet to encounter something as opaque/milky as what's in your photo, but I've had cloudy concoctions containing orange/lemon/lime, root beer, and coke. The only one I threw away was an orange based juice with an oily orange colored liquid in it that refused to blend with its base. When shaken to carpel tunnel excess, the oily orange stuff only broke down to little oily orange globules that soon floated back to the top. That particular liquid was definitely flavored with something oil based. Tasted as advertised, but the idea of inhaling anything that obviously oil based was causing mental duress, so I tossed it.

Your sample is indeed very milky, but it also looks well blended. If it were me, I'd only be concerned if the mix was separating upon sitting (or obviously, if it tasted nasty). Stable eliquid shouldn't do that, to my mind.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
sorry that was not their site!
Their site it looks transparent
Yummy Gummy- Cyber liquids
Yeah, I wouldn't bother trying to compare it to a stock photo. Typically they just use a single photo and screw around with the saturation levels in Photoshop to make it look different for each flavor.

Click on the images and you'll see they're only named by color...blue, yellow, green, greener, etc. It's the same photo, shopped to change the color.

The first link you posted looks like a photo of the actual product, though who knows why the F they didn't center the front of the label. Looks about the same as yours.

Reactions: Gfdeputy2

Krhx

Jan 1, 2016
Kansas
I've yet to encounter something as opaque/milky as what's in your photo, but I've had cloudy concoctions containing orange/lemon/lime, root beer, and coke. The only one I threw away was an orange based juice with an oily orange colored liquid in it that refused to blend with its base. When shaken to carpel tunnel excess, the oily orange stuff only broke down to little oily orange globules that soon floated back to the top. That particular liquid was definitely flavored with something oil based. Tasted as advertised, but the idea of inhaling anything that obviously oil based was causing mental duress, so I tossed it.

Your sample is indeed very milky, but it also looks well blended. If it were me, I'd only be concerned if the mix was separating upon sitting (or obviously, if it tasted nasty). Stable eliquid shouldn't do that, to my mind.

If flavoring is the cause it definitely has a lot of lemon lime smell to it.

Taylor'd Vapes

Unresolved Status
Jan 6, 2016
www.taylord-vapes.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread