Cloupor T6 100W

Status
Not open for further replies.

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Hey guys please forgive my ignorance, could someone please tell me about a cloupor v3. I'm assuming that chip is made by cloupor not by evolv? I've seen them advertised as dna 30 mods but am I correct in thinking that they are 30 w boxes but not dna chips?

Does anyone know how they preform vs a dna30?

You are correct - Clouper "DNA" clones do not have an Evolv DNA chip inside them. This link will take you to a thread discussing some of the problems, I think some of them were solved in V3 but I didn't get a good feeling so decide to pass. I am watching what happens with the T6 as I have some interest in that.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...bout-my-newly-purchased-cloupor-dna-30-a.html

Jamandre

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2014
I'm seeing the T6 on-sale and pre-order everywhere now. This is good.

I have been doing some more research on Cloupor and since the "T5 Firmware" incident and the horror stories I'm hearing from Cloupor users, I'm a little hesitant to purchase any produce from Cloupor at this time. Should I be worried? Should I wait and see? I hope that the company is working on the problems they have with their produces and their customer service. I would hate to pass this great (?) product up.

BTW if I do get this T6 this will be my first Cloupor product. You feedback would help. TY

OthatGuy

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Westcoast
I'm a Mech guy, but I've been drinking the dna 40 Kool Aid. I have a dna 40 on the way, just the chip, I plan on running it in a 3d printed bottom feeder.

Can you guys give me a little background on these regulated boards, is the fact that it will run 100w really a big deal? I prefer to vape around 0.30ohm and I've been led to believe that even a dna30 would be sufficient. Is that bs? I'm all about power, don't get me wrong, but it's 100w really what you guys are using? With the cost of this t6 why wouldn't you just pick up a dna 40 device? Please don't take offense to my stupid questions, what I'm really after is a decision to unload the dna 40 and use an sx board instead. I'm assuming the temp control week be great and all but I'm not worried about burning my wicks anyway.

Any insight is appreciated.

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
It will be a cold day in hell before I buy another Clouper product. The T-5 I own went from 100% fully charged battery to 54% in two days, with the GD thing OFF!

I should have researched it better, so my fault. I tend to stick with mechs for RDA's, but I wanted another regulated device to vape my Kayfuns on, and I just liked the looks of the thing. Ah well.

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
Just placed an order for one from 101vape. Didn't do too much research other than it's 26650, 100watts, and usb chargeable. I have 3 Cloupor Hana clones(all from different batches) and all still work great. One is a beater(1st batch) and is still a pretty beast. Hopefully there will be no hiccups in performance in the T6.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Just placed an order for one from 101vape. Didn't do too much research other than it's 26650, 100watts, and usb chargeable. I have 3 Cloupor Hana clones(all from different batches) and all still work great. One is a beater(1st batch) and is still a pretty beast. Hopefully there will be no hiccups in performance in the T6.

Looking forward to your evaluation.

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
Looking forward to your evaluation.

It shipped so I should get it tomorrow. I think it could be the only 100w device with usb charging, which is why I jumped on it. Also got the efest 4200mah 26650 battery.

Picked up an IPV2S a couple weeks ago, so I can at least compare it to something.

Last edited:

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
It shipped so I should get it tomorrow. I think it could be the only 100w device with usb charging, which is why I jumped on it. Also got the efest 4200mah 26650 battery.

Picked up an IPV2S a couple weeks ago, so I can at least compare it to something.

Could you post some pics of the T6 with the IPV2S for size comparison purposes?

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Trenton, Ohio, United States
Anyone got one of these in hand yet? I pre-ordered mine from a shop on Ebay that was the first and only pre-order I saw at the time and he still hasn't gotten them from China. Seems like other vendors already have them in stock which is strange, So I thought someone must already have one.

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
Here's a few pics to compare the T6 and IPV2s

20141023_164615.jpg 20141023_164635.jpg 20141023_164747.jpg

Just been messing with a few combinations and comparing the IPV2s and T6. So far, the IPV2s is definitely stronger on the same configuations. Using vtc5's on both and thought it was the efest 4200mah 26650 amp limit but seems about the same with the vtc5(yes it still takes 18650s). Got some ATW 26650 coming tomorrow but not sure if they'll make a difference. I'll continue comparing the 2 this weekend.

Last edited:

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here's a few pics to compare the T6 and IPV2s

View attachment 383784 View attachment 383785 View attachment 383786

Just been messing with a few combinations and comparing the IPV2s and T6. So far, the IPV2s is definitely stronger on the same configuations. Using vtc5's on both and thought it was the efest 4200mah 26650 amp limit but seems about the same with the vtc5(yes it still takes 18650s). Got some ATW 26650 coming tomorrow but not sure if they'll make a difference. I'll continue comparing the 2 this weekend.

Thanks for the pics and initial thoughts on the device. How is the 510? I'll stay tuned for updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread