Cloupor T6 100W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
Thanks for the pics and initial thoughts on the device. How is the 510? I'll stay tuned for updates.
The connector itself sticks out just a bit, but enough for the rdas that I've tried(plume veil, vulcan) to not sit flush. I'm currently away from the T6 so can't measure, but it seemed about just below a 1mm gap. It has an adjustable pin, but I think I tightened all the way.

Only taken it up to 50watts with .4ohm atties. I gotta try more builds.

Last edited:

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
So overall, what do you think of it?

Right now, I'm a little dissapointed that it doesn't match the performance with the IPV2s. I remember RiP's review for the T5 and how Cloupor misleads with the ratings. I'm holding out on a build that makes this thing shine.

Without a battery, it is very light. I dig the buttons and feels good in the hands. Haven't put it in my pocket yet, but I think it might bulge out a little. The magnets for the door are really strong and makes a pretty loud noise when closing it up.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Here's a few pics to compare the T6 and IPV2s

View attachment 383784 View attachment 383785 View attachment 383786

Just been messing with a few combinations and comparing the IPV2s and T6. So far, the IPV2s is definitely stronger on the same configuations. Using vtc5's on both and thought it was the efest 4200mah 26650 amp limit but seems about the same with the vtc5(yes it still takes 18650s). Got some ATW 26650 coming tomorrow but not sure if they'll make a difference. I'll continue comparing the 2 this weekend.

I love Cloupors boxes/enclosures but i have serious doubts about the chips , from the pics the Cloupor box looks very similar to their Cana box in width and style , does it feel as solid as it looks ?

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Trenton, Ohio, United States
yep has cheap buttons and they do rattle but the battery life is great going on 30 hours with 38% left on a 5200 mah battery jus what i was looking for

Well at least that sounds promising! I so wanted a decent 26650 box for the battery life so hopefully it turns out okay.Mine is supposed to ship out to me tomorrow. Have you noticed it being easily over heated and shutting down??

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Right now, I'm a little dissapointed that it doesn't match the performance with the IPV2s. I remember RiP's review for the T5 and how Cloupor misleads with the ratings. I'm holding out on a build that makes this thing shine.

Without a battery, it is very light. I dig the buttons and feels good in the hands. Haven't put it in my pocket yet, but I think it might bulge out a little. The magnets for the door are really strong and makes a pretty loud noise when closing it up.

Keep us updated if you don't mind. More than likely I'll be ordering either this, the IPV3, or the Sig 100 on Friday. I think I'd prefer the single 26650 over the dual 18650s but only if the box is a decent performer at higher wattages (I'd likely use it around 80W-90W with my drippers).

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Trenton, Ohio, United States
Same, really looking for a review from one of you guys - Will order one more box mod for backup reasons :lol: . My Canamod DNA30 is rock solid so if this is anything like that I'm sold !!!

Does it have a floating 510 pin? Ever since I got my IPV2 - updated version I will never go back to anything without one. :thumb:

I don't have mine in hand yet it should ship to me today but I do know that it does not have a floating pin.

Trexwyo

Jul 19, 2014
Wyoming
Cloupor really screwed up on the ROM they released on 9/16/14 for the T5. Granted they refunded or replaced T5's that got destroyed by the new firmware, That was good, However they have still not released a working ROM upgrade for the T5 that solves many of the issues of the T5. Will the future of the T6 be any different? Will it share problems the T5 has? Will I take a chance on the T6 or the T8. Not until issues of the T5 are resolved!

PapaGeno21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
RI
I really wanted this mod, but I kept hearing about the T5 issue so I dug into that a bit.. Yeah, I am a bit put off by that whole situation so I ended up ordering the Sigelei 100W and it is currently out for delivery. I am stoked! I prefer a step down system vs a booster circuit anyways, I am a big fan of efficiency. And my Cana mod is horribly inefficient.

Mine was delivered earlier this afternoon so I have only spent a couple of hours with it.

The device has a nice appearance; everything lines up and looks good. It has nice rounded corners and feels good in the hand. It seems a bit lighter for its size compared to the Cana DNA30, but still feels solid. The buttons are clicky, but are definitely of a cheaper variety. There is button rattle comparable to my Sigelei 50W. The magnets for the back plate are quite strong and it requires some oomph to take off. It does not have a floating pin but it is adjustable.

I put a 26650 32/64A 3500 mah purple Efest battery in and it fired right up. The ohms reading is dead on compared to the rest of my devices and ohm readers and doesn't jump around. It seems to be operating like a champ.

Unfortunately, I only own a Cana DNA30 and Sigelei 50W so I'm afraid I can't compare its performance at higher wattages. As pure speculation, I'd hazard that Cloupor has continued with its tradition of being overly optimistic about their device's output power. For someone like me who hovers around 30W to 50W that really isn't a problem.

Thus far, all in all, I'm quite happy considering the ~$95 I paid for it.

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
Nice Keraptis. For the money, I think its a good all day device. Yeah, Cloupor is a little generous on the device's specs. Like I mentioned on a youtube review of the T6, to vape a good 5volts on a 0.6 Dcoil, I must set it to 60watts(reading as 6.2volts on display). My IPV2S is set to only 40 watts for 5volts. The T6 is cheaper though, and uses a 26650 battery. Currently using the Efest 4200mah and AWT 4500mah batteries. Still putting it through it's paces, but seems like one battery should last me 2 days.

Any luck in making atties sit flush? Every atty I've tried has a gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread