Cloupor ZNA 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madd Hatter

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I received mine on Saturday and so far I have not complaints. It acts similar to my cana 30 watt except that you don't have to wake it up to fire from sleep mode. Been using it with the Big Block 454 rda at .8 ohms at 40 watts. It seems to be reading .1 higher than my ohms meter but since it is variable wattage I'm not worried about it. I can always adjust the wattage. I bought it to use when I am out and about so it works great for me. Fit and finish seems great. I would definitely buy it again but time will only tell how truly great it is.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I received mine on Saturday and so far I have not complaints. It acts similar to my cana 30 watt except that you don't have to wake it up to fire from sleep mode. Been using it with the Big Block 454 RDA at .8 ohms at 40 watts. It seems to be reading .1 higher than my ohms meter but since it is variable wattage I'm not worried about it. I can always adjust the wattage. I bought it to use when I am out and about so it works great for me. Fit and finish seems great. I would definitely buy it again but time will only tell how truly great it is.

How is the battery life? Why don't you use the ZNA 50 at home?

Madd Hatter

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Battery life for me is fine but at 40 or 50 watts it is going to drain batteries pretty quickly on a single 18650 mod. Can't give you an exact number but I've used it when I can here at work and on a LG 18650HE2 2500mAh 35amp I still have over half the battery. I bring extra batteries to swap out if I need to.

At home I use my Hexohm.

fargazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2014
United States
I picked up a ZNA 50 recently. No complaints on fit and finish, and it uses flat top batteries (which is the only reason I didn't buy an authentic - I have too many high quality flat top batteries). Tank life is reasonable with a Panasonic 18650PF. Comes with both 18650 and 18500 tubes.

Keep in mind, I tend to use it with my Nautilus with 1.6 ohm BVCs at 12 watts, so I'm not pushing anything. Overall, I think I'd get another one again, because of both style and utility. If it didn't have both, I'd probably go with something else.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Just picked one up. Aside from a few minor issues, I like it so far.

It would be better if the edges around the box that houses the chip were rounded at the bottom end. I wish the unit showed volts in real time so I could see the battery sag (keep in mind it does have battery "sag" protection for older batteries and non high drain). Also, the body does get warm with use (much warmer than my Sigelei 20w), though it does have heat protection and it doesn't seem to get hot. I think it might have something to do with the position of the chip. The chip in the Sigelei sits above the grip and is surrounded by plastic and the chip in this unit is surrounded by metal and sits in your hand).

The construction (including the threading) is great and it hits nice, but the buttons could use a little improvement. You can see the display in the sun. It's also fairly compact for what it is (a 50 watt mod) and fits nicely in your hand. I'm pretty happy with it, but we'll see what I think in a month or two.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Found a big issue. With any power setting that results in 4.5 volts or lower, the ohms display flashes. It should not have a minimum voltage of 4.5....

I suspect you didn't find an issue... but have forgotten to take the other minimum limits and ohms law into account.

While the minimum voltage output is listed as 3.6v... I don't believe it has a buck circuit ( the DNA's don't ) so the minimum is actually 3.6v or if the battery still has a higher voltage... that amount ( up to 4.2v ). The other lower limit it has for the output wattage of 7w.

At just 3.6v output, the lowest ohm coil you could use would then be 1.9Ω for a total of about 7w ... else your voltage would need to increase.

So to find out if there is something here or not... check your battery voltage and the ohms of your coil... then use a ohms law calculator to make certain that they don't go below the 7w minimum.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I suspect you didn't find an issue... but have forgotten to take the other minimum limits and ohms law into account.

While the minimum voltage output is listed as 3.6v... I don't believe it has a buck circuit ( the DNA's don't ) so the minimum is actually 3.6v or if the battery still has a higher voltage... that amount ( up to 4.2v ). The other lower limit it has for the output wattage of 7w.

At just 3.6v output, the lowest ohm coil you could use would then be 1.9Ω for a total of about 7w ... else your voltage would need to increase.

So to find out if there is something here or not... check your battery voltage and the ohms of your coil... then use a ohms law calculator to make certain that they don't go below the 7w minimum.

I'm not sure you actually read what I wrote. Again, the flashing starts at 4.5 volts which should not be the case and this has nothing to do with Ohm's law. Others have seen the same behavior, though those with in line volt meters report it still outputs below 4.5 volts so not as big a deal as I originally thought.

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I'm not sure you actually read what I wrote. Again, the flashing starts at 4.5 volts which should not be the case and this has nothing to do with Ohm's law. Others have seen the same behavior, though those with in line volt meters report it still outputs below 4.5 volts so not as big a deal as I originally thought.

The available settings values you have always has to do with ohms law... in otherwords... what ohm coil and how much voltage your battery has will determine how low it goes before the flashing will start.

Ohms law will always come into play with electronics...

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
At 30w it would begin flashing at about 4.5v when using a 0.6-0.7Ω coil

At 40w it would happen at about 0.5Ω

.... if you are reaching one of the several limits... voltage was just one of the ones I mentioned.

Trust me, there's a small glitch in the system. Others have verified it. It still fires between 4.2 and 4.5 when it's supposed to even though the ohms are flashing. If you don't believe it, buy one and see for yourself.

V_lestat

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
got mine today and using the 18500 battery.. and jesus this sucker is heavy... i mean its heavy without any batteries, but even with only the 18500 battery its heavier than my Innokin SVD with an 18650 battery, to be real frank its too heavy, and too heavy for normal day to day use.
sure you would get used to it but when compared to my eleaf istick.. dang, they should have easily shaved off alot of weight off this device and this would be my all day vape device.
as it stands now it is probably getting returned.

also what is covering the actual electronics part of the body, is nothing more than something like foil tape,,, pretty tacky and pvery cheap.. why they didnt just leave the metal or plastic exposed is beyond me but it IS nothing more than a tape.

Last edited:

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
got mine today and using the 18500 battery.. and jesus this sucker is heavy... i mean its heavy without any batteries, but even with only the 18500 battery its heavier than my Innokin SVD with an 18650 battery, to be real frank its too heavy, and too heavy for normal day to day use.
sure you would get used to it but when compared to my eleaf istick.. dang, they should have easily shaved off alot of weight off this device and this would be my all day vape device.
as it stands now it is probably getting returned.

also what is covering the actual electronics part of the body, is nothing more than something like foil tape,,, pretty tacky and pvery cheap.. why they didnt just leave the metal or plastic exposed is beyond me but it IS nothing more than a tape.

I agree all the zna devices are so damned heavy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread