Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
You forgot Sonic.

I think his favorite flavor is Chai Tea Latte :lol:

I don't know how useful it will be or how much it will be used, but it's fine with me.

As the categories on the side bar don't have to be alphabetical, I'd suggest moving this under "deejStuff Line." The regular stuff is getting lost. When you first finished the revamp, I had to read the categories twice to figure out where the liquids I use are. (I'd put his line above Drippin Stuff, actually, keeping regular liquids together and using the Drippin, which is really specialty liquid, as a divider between liquid lists and other stuff. But that part is an aesthetic call so -- whatever you two like.)

ETA: Or maybe relabel "deejStuff Line" something like "deejStuff e-liquid"

ETA 2: You didn't forget Sonic. I didn't see "Strawberry Cheezcakez" on the list and he changes his avatar so I didn't recognize it. Has he forsaken his first love?

Last edited:

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA
We set the categories up that way after exhaustive market research-I'm a big one for market research. I'm sorry you don't care for it, but, we have to change with market demands. And the other categories are outselling the "regular" line right now. Be happy-I unretired Minty Gingerbread :D.......even with the not so stellar sales ;)

Sonic REALLY likes the Key Lime :D

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I don't dislike it. I just thought it got a little buried.

I don't take anyone not acting on business suggestions personally. I see something, I mention it. If someone thinks it might be helpful, fine. If they think not, that's fine too. If someone says "that's a stupid idea and you are an idiot for mentioning it" then it's personal.

I'd be interested in learning how you do market research. That was my career for 25 years. But that's a discussion for a different time and probably not for the open forum.

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
<begin rant>

The changes we made to the site weren't done capriciously. We (mostly Witch) spent most of November and December evaluating EVERYTHING about the business.

We spoke with other vendors (who also happen to be friends) about what they're doing to maintain their tenuous grip on what market share they have... we spoke with high-volume customers... we spoke with people who stopped by and decided not to buy.

Witch accessed more than a handful of resources available to eCommerce sites. i monitored some of our biggest competitors to see what they were doing that was creating demand for that competitor.

We took ALL of that information and (on paper) ripped the site completely apart. Then we rebuilt it using the best ideas from a large number of sources.

Drippin' Stuff was developed to meet the needs of those in the vaping community that weren't finding what they wanted anywhere else.

Gold Label was developed for those who were avoiding us because they were looking for premium liquids.

Sybil's Secrets is a brand new line that is meeting the needs of folk who want a premium liquid at a reasonable price.

It makes perfect sense to me to place our newest and best selling lines up top. deejStuff is there as the foundation... it's not going to go away, and it allows us to do the "premium" lines.

We're in a HIGHLY competitive industry right now. Many people get a DIY kit and, after making one or two flavors, decide they have what it takes to open up a storefront. But that means that we can't just sit on our laurels. We HAVE to be nimble and move quickly to address the ever-changing desires in the marketplace. And we have to be able to do it in a nebulous regulatory space.

We're coming up on our 4th anniversary. Think about that. How many vendors never made it to their first? We were pretty much on death's door. If it hadn't been for the massive effort that Witch put into evaluating the changing trends and keeping us relevant ... a lot of things that nobody here even knew about ... we'd have been just another name in the list of failed vendors.

So look, some don't like the changes we made. We get that. I get that. But isn't it better to deal with the changes than to have to find another vendor that does your flavor just and so?

<end rant>

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
You forgot Sonic.

I think his favorite flavor is Chai Tea Latte :lol:

<...>

ETA 2: You didn't forget Sonic. I didn't see "Strawberry Cheezcakez" on the list and he changes his avatar so I didn't recognize it. Has he forsaken his first love?

<...>

Sonic REALLY likes the Key Lime :D

I wondered why my ears were burning yesterday! :laugh:

I do still lovez the Strawberry Cheezcakez, but lately the Key Limez Cheezcakez has REALLY taken over for me as my ADV. And sadly, I'm now out due to a poor miscalculation on my part :cry: I thought I ordered 2 recently but I got 1, so now I'm using Key Lime Pie... not the same, but works in a pinch :D

Gots to get a new order in now.... needz both cheezcakez and try some o' the new flavorz too (like fruity loop or something like that lol)! :drool:

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA
I wondered why my ears were burning yesterday! :laugh:

I do still lovez the Strawberry Cheezcakez, but lately the Key Limez Cheezcakez has REALLY taken over for me as my ADV. And sadly, I'm now out due to a poor miscalculation on my part :cry: I thought I ordered 2 recently but I got 1, so now I'm using Key Lime Pie... not the same, but works in a pinch :D

Gots to get a new order in now.... needz both cheezcakez and try some o' the new flavorz too (like fruity loop or something like that lol)! :drool:

Not to brag, but, the Key Lime was mine. I ordered a bottle of the flavoring for my own personal use and Deej tried it and STOLE it from me :D
And its Loopy Breakfast.......exactly like fruit loops and I've gone through 15 mls yesterday-which reminds me, I need to make a BIG bottle today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread