Coating a copper mod in Krylon

Status
Not open for further replies.

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
I'm thinking about getting a copper mod soon and I was planning on spraying it with Krylon when it's still new so that it stays shiny. If anyone has done this with copper or brass, I just wanted to know if it changed the look. Like, can you tell just by looking at it that it has that coat? Does it have a waxy look to it or make it not look as smooth as it did without the coating? I was also wondering if you could remove the coat without scratching the mod or damaging it (aesthetically, of course) in any way. Usually when I hear about this being done, it's because someone did a forced patina on it first, which doesn't interest me. Thanks!

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I have a copper vein Reo that i wanted to keep looking the same, rather than darkening. So i coated it in polyurethane miniwax as soon as i got it.

Still looks the same.

You cannot tell looking at it, but you can tell, maybe, if you rub your fingers on it - it feels like it has a 'drag' on it, compared to a bare metal one. As for removing the coating, sandpaper seems to be the medium of choice!

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread