Cobalt bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcollier9253

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
I just received my order of 100 cobalt 15ml bottles, droppers and 50 poly cone caps today from https://packagingoptionsdirect.com/. $78.00 and some change.Ordered them on the 10th and got them today, pretty impressive I think!. Anyway I have a question for ya'll. Would anyone recommend boiling them to clean or do you think they would be alright?

whats the advantage of using cobalt blue vs. amber glass bottles for storage?

Pretty much as above, they're pretty. Both block more than enough light to protect light-sensitive liquids. Amber is superior in terms of visible light and UV protection, but cobalt's more than good enough for our purposes. Just don't bottle beer in it.

And never use green, it's not very good at UV or visible light blocking (but still better than clear).

Thanks guys. I went ahead and boiled them but I didnt rinse them with DW. Oh well.

Unless washing your car leaves behind a white rind on the paint, don't worry about it. There won't be significant deposits remaining from a single boiling.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I always boil my bottles. No telling what could be in them from the manufacturer. I then rinse them out with distilled water, to make sure I don't have any mineral deposits left behind.

I bought 120 bottles about 2 weeks ago, man I really don't want to have to boil all of those, I think I am going to have to go with Dannyv45 on this one, just a good rinse and dry will be good enough for me. :p

KAS

bcollier9253

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
That and some plastics will leech into the juice or some juices will eat at the plastic. Had it happen the other day, made a batch of banana something or other, put it the cupboard to air out overnight. Got up the next morning to give it a shake and there was nothing left in the bottle. I will say though, they were the cheapo bottles off of Amazon from China, I believe the company was Evalley or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread