coffee flavor that doesn't taste like old shoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a local vape shop and I have tried out their flavors of frappe and coffee usually with something like caramel or vanilla. However each of these about 5 flavors I've tried all tasted like licking the bottom of a shoe. Any one know any coffee that tastes like you dumped a bunch of sugar and hazelnut creamer into it and actually tastes very good?

peilei

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
Tejas, USA
[excuse the rambling. my recommendation appears at the bottom...]

At the risk of slightly derailing this topic, I find this subject fascinating. First, taste is so subjective. And it's not just taste, but smell. If I crack a bottle and it smells perfume-like or chemically, it's done. Smell informs our taste and the battle is often lost at just smell.

Second, your equipment matters. A cig-alike with juice packaged in a mated carto will be mixed specifically to be used with that battery/carto. This is actually ideal. It ensures a uniform vape, since the guy mixing the juice knows exactly what equipment the vaper will be using. Of course, the lack of vapor production means less nicotine delivery and less satisfaction, which generally results in a poor conversion experience. As you expand your horizon with more advanced equipment, your experience with juice will change and evolve (I have found that 12 watts is a sweet spot for many of the juices I love and 12 watts is not something you can do on introductory equipment).

More to the point, the person mixing the juice is tasting and testing with a very specific rig. Probably not your rig... his coil(s), his wattage, all these things contribute to his experience and your experience may well be very different.

Third, your coil life will impact your experience with a specific juice. If your coil is near the end of it's life, flavor will be affected. If you are hitting a new coil, taste will be different (not necessarily purer either, many users appear to experience the taste of some cottons strongly. I find this weird as cotton, at least as used in the coils I use, is tasteless.)

Finally, how you vape directly impacts how you experience the flavor. I'll give you an example - When I vape, I don't inhale, so I prefer less airflow. When I pull the vapor into my mouth I purposefully move my tongue a bit and pull the vapor across my tongue's surface. This provides me with a flavorful, full experience. If I just pull the vapor into my mouth, without engaging my tongue a bit, after a few pulls, I experience bitterness. It's weird and I can't explain it, beyond the fact that using my tongue actively causes me to have a totally different experience. Without my tongue, I question the juice, the coil, etc. and vaping is not a good experience for me.

There are so many variables. Add to this that juice changes as it ages and this is a damn complex problem to tackle.

[coffee recommendation below]

With all that said, my favorite coffee juice is probably Wakonda from Nicoticket. It is undeniably a coffee juice. It doesn't slap you across the face with a coffee smell like many juices, but it is undeniably coffee as you pull it in and then exhale. I like it, but I'm a big coffee nut, so I tend to get my coffee taste from coffee. I can't comment on NT Creme Brûlée at the moment as a great creamy addition to a coffee juice. I've read that CB is best when steeped for several months and I have a bottle aging as we speak.

When I decided to move to vaping, I thought tobacco flavors were what I needed. I saw all these crazy yahoos talking about cream and custard and fruits and coffee and I rejected that out of hand. After several weeks and a dozen or so tobacco juices, I discovered that overt tobacco flavors were not what I wanted at all. It took me some time to come to terms with that, but the reality is that it's pretty damn hard to replicate the tobacco experience. The good news is there are a ton of amazing and flavorful experiences being created by a bunch of mixologist mad scientists as we speak.

[edited for spelling]

Last edited:
I didn't realize coffee questions would get this degree of response but I guess it makes sense. Coffee is one of the most popular drinks worldwide. Ok I will take a look at some of the suggestions but again I must reiterate that I do not like the taste of black coffee. Tastes like water to me. But I do love the taste of coffee with sugar and creamer in it and I'm not sure but I think I could tell the difference between hot water and coffee with additives mixed in.

underwhelmd

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Canada
[excuse the rambling. my recommendation appears at the bottom...]

This whole post made sense to me too. One vaper's all day vape fav is someone elses yuk.

And what's worse: dialing in your fav juice, coil ohm, wattage and then switching tanks to something newer and losing that taste you crave. I've got a protank 2 on an ego style battery for my Flavour Crafters RY4... can't retire it because it doesn't taste like that in anything else!

So, best answer is: The fun is finding your fav tastes, not limiting yourself to something logic tells you is right. You may have an "oh wow" moment on a type of juice you didn't expect to like.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
I actually liked Mt Baker Vapor's Hazlenut Coffee. And as was posted, give it a good two week steep. If you don't like it, well....it's about as inexpensive as juice comes...so you aren't out too much by giving a 15ml bottle a try. Pass it on to a newer vaper for free if you end up not liking it.

It is VERY hard on coils though...so I hope you use a rebuildable or you'll spend a lot of money replacing coils. This is probably true of most coffee liquids though....I would expect them to be hard on the coils.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I absolutely love Phillip Rocke Grand Reserve Creme de la Creme. It sounds exactly like what you are looking for.

According to the manufacturer...

Gemini Vapers said:
Re-claimed medium Brandy Barrels, 2-1/2 months aged/steeped (the barrels were used to absorb and round out some of the high flavor notes), filtered to perfection, 80VG/20PG, Actual Arabica coffee was extracted in-house for this blend (for its sweet natural essence), ALL Natural flavorings.

Flavor Profile: All Natural Hazelnut Coffee Cream

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I found out why, was from china, hardware from china is fine with me, but eliquids no, they don't use the same health standards and regulations and I always got this funny taste too

REally? The vids on chinese eliquid facilities I've seen were rather impressive.......clean rooms, people in clean suits, chemists on staff, and everything in a sparkling clean stainless steel environments, with those floors you see in airplane hangers.

So what did you not like about the facilities you are familiar with over there in Chiina? Or do you just prefer elqiuids mixed in the back rooms of vape shops or what?

Just do not want to see misinformation posted on forums about Chinese ejuice, since there are many people who love it and vape it, and know the kind of facilties I'm talking about.

realgoodejuice

Moved On
Feb 4, 2015
Florida
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
There is only one answer to the OP's question with exception of having hazelnut
Nicoticket Waconda if by far the best coffee with cream made, it does also have a nice NET finish that really ties together a great cup of coffee with a smoke vape.

This. ^^ Wakonda is my go to coffee vape, speaking of I think I will toss a battery in my Wakonda dedicated Reo right now. :D (It's the one in the middle.)

Charming

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2015
Boston, MA
This post resonated with me because finally, after many disappointing coffees from a wide variety of vendors, I realized I have to mix a few things myself to get the coffee vape I prefer. I am not DIY, but this happy experiment resulted from juices I already had on hand from Virgin Vapors. I used 90% Double Espresso, 5% French Vanilla and 5% Spun Sugar Mama.....heaven.:) Espresso, Cotton Candy and Vanilla are easy finds anywhere, and I'm sure someone must have a Hazelnut. Oh...wait...I know who does, though I haven't tried it: Vape Dudes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread