Status
Not open for further replies.

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Hi,

I am having a wierd problem with various coffee flavors. After a few days, they all seem to 'go flat'. They start out tasting like coffee but end up tasting like little to nothing. I have tried shaking, warming, steeping, different pg/vg ratios, but it always ends up the same. I haven't had that problem with any of the fruit flavors that I've tried.

Any ideas? Similar experiences?

Thanks

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Have you found a coffee flavor that is working for you? I tried a 100% pg vanilla from my local kiosk( sometimes i like that place, grrr), but it got me to thinking I might like vanilla or coffee flavors better than I do fruits. Thanks for any input as I'm now looking for a new vendor.....

You would probably like the tiramisu from ft.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Hi,

I am having a wierd problem with various coffee flavors. After a few days, they all seem to 'go flat'. They start out tasting like coffee but end up tasting like little to nothing. I have tried shaking, warming, steeping, different pg/vg ratios, but it always ends up the same. I haven't had that problem with any of the fruit flavors that I've tried.

Any ideas? Similar experiences?

Thanks

You may be experiencing Vapors Tongue!

Do you vape the same flavor all day? The tongue will become accustomed to the flavor and react less and less to it, unless you introduce a new flavor. I have gone through this, and I have found that changing flavors every few hours keeps the flavors fresh and my tongue happy, where as if I stick to one flavor all day, I get to where I can't taste it at all.

Give it a try.

jistjul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I am having a similar issue. I keep changing/cleaning my atomizer in my attempt to get the flavor back. Maybe I have vapers tongue too. Bummer because I really like to caramel coffee flavor. I bought 15 ml of it and 15 ml of vanilla custard and the same thing happened with the custard flavor. I really liked it in the store, but it didn't taste the same in my tank. My husband vapes the same flavor for a week and does not experience this. He usually has a tobacco flavor of some sort, but he has tried red bull and an applewood smoke flavor. He does not experience vapers tongue. Anyone have any ideas??

Last edited:

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Do you and your husband vape using the same equipment? What are you using? Him? Same Nic level?

Perhaps you are vaping differently. Maybe you aim the vapor directly at your tongue?

It could be dietary differences between you two. Or oral hygiene, or amount of water you drink.

Or something else entirely :)

jistjul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Thanks for the reply. Eddie (my husband) and I are former heavy smokers who quit analogs entirely about a month ago (if I could get my banner to go on my posts like yours it would say 38 days and 15 hours ago). I discovered through talking with him that he also is experiencing vapers tongue. We both already brushed and scraped our tongues (comes with long years of smoking and trying to keep good oral hygiene) I also rinse with a hydrogen peroxide rinse and have increased my water intake. Seems like patience is the only thing left to try...hope it resolves I love my coffee flavors!

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
A followup to my own post (wow, that is beyond pathetic so I apologize in advance) I have recently switched to cartomizers from my Protank 2 and I find that I can now taste coffee vapes (Morning Vape from MBV and a VG and mix from a B&M). Yes, I need to switch up since they fade pretty quickly but the cartos are an incredible improvement in both vapor and flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread