Status
Not open for further replies.

ratchet62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
USA
Ummm......my coffee absorbed the PG. Now it won't come out of the bottle. LOL. Now what do I do?

Add a little more PG, heat gently, stir well and pour. Us a little more pg if you want to rinse the bottle out.

Next time, use a bigger bottle that's easier to remove the concentrate from.

MAF0Elffen

Nov 30, 2013
United States
Okay... I was excited about this thread. I took 2 nights and read through about the first 20 pages of threads...

I made my own batch, using some Kona Coffee beans my wife had from Hawaii.

I did it a little different. I ground some beans. I used a small canning jar and filled it 2/3rds with grounds. I filled it with PG. Until this point, it's the same technique.

I figured 10 seconds for a tiny 10ml bottle... 10 seconds was not even warm. SO it was bigger. I nuked it in the microwave for 1-1/2 minutes. I added more PG.

I then brought a bowl of water to boil (about 5 minutes in the microwave). I then put the jar in the bowl and let it bathe for 30 minutes.

I folded and coffee filter over a jar and flitered it. I let it drain (more) over night (that only got less than 5ml more out of that).

I poured into bottles and let let steep for 4 days. It got darker and stronger.

It was great!!! Tastes uniquely like fresh Kona Coffee. Good color and very fresh taste.

In a targeted 40% PG and 60% VG, 12mg base... with 5% kona, 2% sweet cream and 10% DW... it vapes great.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
Reactions: kross8

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
Not sure where I went wrong but I followed the originally posted extraction process using store bought ground coffee (Seattle's Best Dark & Intense Level 5). Then I allowed the extract to steep for about a month before I had the opportunity to mix some up (10ml w/10% extract & 10 drops TPA Sweet Cream & a couple drops of EM). It came out with such an unpleasant aroma that I'm afraid to vape it. I'm wondering if maybe the coffee extract had spoiled by he time I got around to mixing it??? Anyhow, I'm gonna send it down the drain and try again, mixing it fresh this time.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
You may want to try reading the whole thread. Im not sure why you decided on steeping the coffee for a month but using heat (about 150°f) for about 30 mins and then straining is all you need to do for coffee.

Fill a glass with about 30 mls of PG. Two tablespooons of coffee and set it in a hot water bath for 30mins @ 150° constant temp. Filter thru coffee filters two times, done.

Should yield between 12-15mls of concentrate. I use between 10-15% in a juice.

I know people say heating can cause bitterness but I dont experience that the way I do it. Teas should be steeped less tho. Maybe 20 mins tops.

If you mean that a finished extract is bad after a month then something was wrong the day you made it. I have both coffee and tea extracts over a year old as good as the day I made them.

You do not have to steep a finished extract, ever. Juice yes. Extract no.

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I learned this from a friend: Fill 1/2 of a 30 ml bottle of ground coffee. I used Cuban coffee because it's really strong.. Then top it off with PG and microwave for 10 seconds. (no longer). The Pg will absorb the coffee. Then top off again with pg, then place bottle in a hot water bath for 20 minutes. Strain mixture with a coffee filter. I used a funnel, and cut the filter to fit.

I used 3% coffee, 1% Bavarian Cream and 1% Caramel and It was the best Coffee liquid I ever had.

I was the friend that he spoke of. I think that you missed the part in bold :) No need to steep. It is ready to use when it cools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread