Coffee flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I know coffee flavors can be hard. I have mentioned this before, but my hubby's fave juice is Kalua and Coffee from JuicyVapor. It clogs up his cartos in 2 days, faster if he vapes more. We recently tried Cafe Mocha, Cappuchino, and Mocha Cappuchino, all with cream and sugar. We got 3X flavor, and I diluted it 1/2 way, so it's obvious that he likes strong flavor. These juices clogged his cartos just as quickly. His cartos are in a cartotank, so they couldn't possibly last any longer. I'd like to help him change his juice, so I don't have to change his cartos so often. He is willing to try, but I can't come up with the rich flavor he wants.

Has anyone developed a sweet and creamy, but strong coffee /mocha/cappuchino juice that won't clog things up so quickly. I have TPA clear coffee, but I haven't been able to come up with anything good.

Any suggestions?

gjns711

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2011
Cartersville, VA
The horrible insomniac that I am, at two am I ran across this thread. Coffee is "God's Elixer" to me and I was out of coffee flavored juice! What I did have was some "real" coffee so I had to try the make your own coffee with ground coffee. I added some bavarian cream that I had left over from candy making and some already mixed cotton candy and its wonderful!!! I can only imagine the possibilities...Thank you, thank you, thank you for the recipe and this thread, you have made my week!

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I learned this from a friend: Fill 1/2 of a 30 ml bottle of ground coffee. I used Cuban coffee because it's really strong.. Then top it off with PG and microwave for 10 seconds. (no longer). The Pg will absorb the coffee. Then top off again with pg, then place bottle in a hot water bath for 20 minutes. Strain mixture with a coffee filter. I used a funnel, and cut the filter to fit.

I used 3% coffee, 1% Bavarian Cream and 1% Caramel and It was the best Coffee liquid I ever had.

Reactions: kross8

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Yes, it's dark. It's straining now through the coffee filter. I'm going to let it strain overnight and try some mixing in the morning. Does it need to steep after it's been mixed?

I use mine at 3% and my juice is almost clear and has plenty of flavor. My favorite so far is the one that I make from Ghiradelli Chocolate Caramel Coffee. I picked up some sample bags of the Millstone in different flavors to try soon too. I love my Choco Caramel Coffee and it has been my ADV since I made it :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Here is where I first found out about it-

wizard10000

Blog Entries

Default extracted my own coffee this morning

Yeah, it's a simple extraction but I'd never extracted anything before and it turned out pretty well

I have some 80%VG/20% DW I keep around so I don't have to thin VG all the time. Filled a 30ml glass bottle 2/3 of the way up with a pretty good French roast I had, topped it off with the VG mix and stuck it in the microwave for ten seconds (I watched it closely - more than ten seconds and I'd have had a mess) then let it sit for maybe fifteen minutes. The coffee grounds absorbed all the VG.

After that I boiled a pot of water, topped off the 30ml bottle with more of the VG mix, took the pot of water off the stove and set the open bottle neck-deep in hot water and let it steep for another half hour then strained the result through a coffee filter into a graduated flask, which actually took quite awhile and I ended up with 15ml of VG-based coffee extract.

Got a dropper and dripped a drop or two onto a 510 atty and it did indeed taste like coffee - so I whipped up a test batch of coffee/bavarian cream/chocolate/caramel that turned out to be a pretty tasty vape after juggling ratios a little bit.

So - I've got 15ml of a pretty good coffee extract and a way to reproduce it fairly consistently. Like I said it's a pretty simple extraction but I was pretty proud of myself

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
I learned this from a friend: Fill 1/2 of a 30 ml bottle of ground coffee. I used Cuban coffee because it's really strong.. Then top it off with PG and microwave for 10 seconds. (no longer). The Pg will absorb the coffee. Then top off again with pg, then place bottle in a hot water bath for 20 minutes. Strain mixture with a coffee filter. I used a funnel, and cut the filter to fit.

I used 3% coffee, 1% Bavarian Cream and 1% Caramel and It was the best Coffee liquid I ever had.

Thanks so much for posting this! I love coffee and drink it all day long so there's always plenty of it around the house (I'll bet freshly ground beans would be the best for this!). I'll never buy and toss another coffee juice again!

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Okay, my Kahlua coffee extract is done. It smelled sooo yummy. I started mixing it into my 50pg/50vg base low as all of you suggested, and I kept tasting it. I felt that hubby's sweet spot was around 10%. I didn't add anything else because it tasted really good as it was, and it's still a very lightly colored juice. Well, I primed a carto, filled a tank for him.

He LOVES it, and he is very fussy about his coffee vapes. He's happily vaping away right now while watching football. Every once in a while, I hear a mmmmmm...mmmmm....coming from the couch.

I can't thank you all enough. We are excited to see how long his carto will last with this juice.

Last edited:
Reactions: daleron

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
I just made my own extract using glass pyrex custard cups (rather than a bottle), freshly ground organic caramel mocha coffee beans, and strained into a glass measuring cup with a gold cone coffee filter (much faster and easier than paper filters). I'm going to let it sit for awhile and continue straining so I haven't tried it yet, but it smells heavenly! I have some sweetener and whipped cream DIY flavors I can add if need be....yum! :)
Thanks again for posting this!

Last edited:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I made some last night using Target's French Vanilla Coffee ($1.49) and added LorAnn's Bavarian Cream and LorAnn's Creamy Caramel. It came out really good! And I didn't have to let it sit for a week like I did using my method. Although it was a stronger flavor when I let it sit longer in the PG.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
BTW, I used a disposable coffee filter, didn't try cheesecloth. Yes, this becomes your concentrated flavoring extract. Personally, I would start at a lower %. This is quite strong. Hubby and I usually flavor around 20%, and we like this around 12-15%. It's awesome! Hubby has been vaping this exclusively for 4 days, and his carto is fresh and tasty as day 1 with no signs of a stiffer draw.

Ok, so this makes the flavor concentrate, correct? And I'd then use 15-20% of this stuff with my VG liquid to make my eliquid? Just wanna make sure I'm not understanding this totally wrong. Thanks so much for the great idea!

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Hubby has been using the same carto in a tank for 8 days so far with the juice I made him from our Kahlua coffee extraction. If I had to guess, I'd say around 20-24mls of juice so far.

The carto is still popping and crackling like a day one. There has been no stiffness in the draw and no loss of flavor. This is a TOTAL WIN!!! :D

Reactions: jlaudiofan

bluegrasslover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Willow Spring, NC
I just made my own extract using glass pyrex custard cups (rather than a bottle), freshly ground organic caramel mocha coffee beans, and strained into a glass measuring cup with a gold cone coffee filter (much faster and easier than paper filters). I'm going to let it sit for awhile and continue straining so I haven't tried it yet, but it smells heavenly! I have some sweetener and whipped cream DIY flavors I can add if need be....yum! :)
Thanks again for posting this!

Just for clarification...did you use the method described by Jimi D?

I roast my own coffee beans (yes, if you need yet another hobby to take up your time trying roasting your own coffee). This would be nice to make an extract from freshly roasted coffee instead of the stale stuff you buy at the grocery store.

rkayw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I looked at Wal-Mart today, no Kahlua coffee, none. grrr.
I picked up a Caramel Truflle to try.

IF I can get a shoe on tomorrow (since I graciously dropped a heavy bag of groceries on my toe today. OUCH!), I will head to Target, Krogers, etc to try to find Kahlua coffee.
If no shoe, my MukLuk house boots may have to surfice. Coffee calls. lol.

gjns711

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2011
Cartersville, VA
Almost 3am and still up!!! The ever insomniac came up with something wonderful though...Still playing with the coffee extraction process, I discovered that I had one raspberry zinger tea bag and I couldn't have that, what good is one going to do me (my cups are huge, must hold vats of coffee), so I tried the extraction on my tea bag and oh my is this little extract wonderful!!! The color, flavor and oh the smell...just fantastic. Now I just have to figure out what to do with it, my daughter suggested adding chocolate, so off to play till the sun comes up..

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Thanks Vchick .. for the link to this thread .

We were discussing tea extraction and she gave me a link to this thread. After reading thru the thread, I was convinced to try coffee extraction as well.

I am making my first batch of coffee extract, Gevalia Dark Chocolate Truffle. Followed instructions 2 a T, except I used a 1/2 oz (25ml) vial, so if I understand correctly, I should have about 12ml of extract when it finishes filtering (tomorrow morning probably). Smells wonderful

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas
Kris Kringle

The tea discussion: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/250782-vaping-tea.html

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
Bams,
I'm late but none the less I wanted to thank you for the coffee extract.
As soon as I can unpack & use some of my DIY goodies again I will try it and report back. :)

i ran out of unflavored nic juice so instead of my coffee extract going to waste, i traded or PIF'd all of it away..lol

time to make some more :)

Reactions: Cincikid

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I made some extract last night from some Starbucks Kona. Pretty bold stuff in it's own right. But I like my coffee strong.
Anyway, after making the extract, I started fooling with a test batch. I have some older stainless CE2s that I no longer vape with, but I use for testing flavors. I believe I settled in with this:
9% coffee extract
4% bavarian creme
4% caramel
70/30 PG/VG

Might have to tweak it a little more; but this was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread