Coffee Maniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocBurN

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Montréal, Canada
ok, my head is spinning after many days of reading DIY e-liquid recipes.. everyone have a different opinion/recipe :confused:.. right now, I could use a sticky DIY e-liquid post with general averge-joe recipe that are good. So far, im mixing like 75% PG with 25% lorann's flavor.. I dont have VG yet, my glycerin is wilton brand, but isn't USP.. thats about it

Primary Info: the 2 flavors I vape de most are menthol and cappuccino. I loooove coffee, so i bought Lorann's "Keoke Coffee" and Lorann's "Coffee"

Primary problem: Both contain "Caramel Color" :mad: grrr which is known to be bad for your health, like Red40, Blue1, etc..

If it wasn't for Jack from Happy Vapor, who provided me some precious Cappuccino, I would vape almost anything coffee-based in my kitchen..

Please help a fellow Vaper in desprate time to get his coffee-vaping fix!
What do you guys do to create your coffee e-liquids if all the Lorann's got caramel color in it ?

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
ok, my head is spinning after many days of reading DIY e-liquid recipes.. everyone have a different opinion/recipe :confused:.. right now, I could use a sticky DIY e-liquid post with general averge-joe recipe that are good. So far, im mixing like 75% PG with 25% lorann's flavor.. I dont have VG yet, my glycerin is wilton brand, but isn't USP.. thats about it

Primary Info: the 2 flavors I vape de most are menthol and cappuccino. I loooove coffee, so i bought Lorann's "Keoke Coffee" and Lorann's "Coffee"

Primary problem: Both contain "Caramel Color" :mad: grrr which is known to be bad for your health, like Red40, Blue1, etc..

If it wasn't for Jack from Happy Vapor, who provided me some precious Cappuccino, I would vape almost anything coffee-based in my kitchen..

What do you guys do to create your coffee e-liquids if all the Lorann's got caramel color in it ?

Coffee fiend here, too. I loved Johnson Creeks Keona Coffee and hated that they changed the flavor (haven't tried the esspresso yet). Dark Lorann oils scare me because they tend to clog up the atimizers (in my experience). Let us know how they work out. We coffee fanatics have very high standards. :cool:

--Prof Daffy

LedGecko

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Tampa Bay, FL
I haven't had much luck making my own coffee flavor, so I've stuck with JC for my morning vape. I agree with Daffy ... I hate that they changed the flavor. I loved their Kona, but the new Espresso isn't as good. In any case, back to the OP's original question, I've yet to come up with a good DIY coffee. I'm sticking with commercial juice for that in the meantime.

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
Yes, I gave up on DIY coffee flavor. I found that the heavy caramel coloring, ends up concentrating in the wick/coil. Ends up "burning" and always tasted like crap.
I even tried the liquid express DIY liquid with disappointing results (lack of flavor).
I now buy my coffee flavored juice already made. I've been using 24mg from Cleatus at www.Mist-Stix.com
His liquid is straight from China in sealed bottles. The stuff is amazing... highly recommend.
His prices are the lowest I've seen for an U.S. supplier. After shipping, I paid like $12.50 per 30ml. I bought four bottles, it is that good.
Be sure to use his discount code: ECF

Anyway, try this stuff.... it will not disappoint. I am a coffee lover.

Last edited:

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
Is it really good, cause I just got some Coffee from china that has YNDK on the Cap ring so it's Dekang and it is awfull.

Does your cap ring say YNDK on it?

Nope, just comes in a sealed white dripper bottle. It is clear sticker marked, coffee ~ 24 mg and includes a lot number and expiration date.
It even gives that "burn" feeling that the T.W. liquids have when I, "french inhale". I really enjoy it, it's got a "bite" to it.

GOOD STUFF!

Last edited:

Rogue X2 v2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009

I'm nearly done with my Lorann's Keoke Coffee flavoring and none of my attys are clogged. I usually add a 2-3 drops of Everclear grain alcohol with the PG & glycerin just to mix them up.

DocBurN

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Montréal, Canada
I am more concern about my health then my atomizers.. i can buy more atomizer, its cheaper than a coffin if i die.. what I mean is: how do you trust lorann's colored flavor so much, like red40, caramel color (coffee), blue 1, etc...

It seem to be 2 different schools of thought.. trusting colors!

im starting to think I'll try to find the best commercial coffee around, i may try the one from mist-stix.com, I still have a few days to find the best coffee, my deadline to find it is a bottle of 30 ml of cappuccino :D

Last edited:

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
I am more concern about my health then my atomizers.. i can buy more atomizer, its cheaper than a coffin if i die.. what I mean is: how do you trust lorann's colored flavor so much, like red40, caramel color (coffee), blue 1, etc...

It seem to be 2 different schools of thought.. trusting colors!

im starting to think I'll try to find the best commercial coffee around, i may try the one from mist-stix.com, I still have a few days to find the best coffee, my deadline to find it is a bottle of 30 ml of cappuccino :D

...............................................................................................

The color is very light on the coffee from Mist-Stix. But the flavor is WOW!

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
I probably have dropped $30.00 in various flavoring, trying to produce a good quality coffee flavor. Now I advise people, save your money, buy pre-made coffee juice from China.

I could have bought 60ml of coffee flavor from www.mist-stix.com for the money I ...... away trying to make it as good. Cleatus provides excellent service, super fast shipping. Use the coupon: ECF and save!

Last edited:

DocBurN

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Montréal, Canada
I ordered some more delicious cappuccino from HappyVaper to last quite a while but please people, if you find any homemade recipe that dosn't use artificial coloring like "caramel color", plutonium :D or any kind of weird stuff..

Please let us know..

Hi, my name is Doc and im a coffee Addict!

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I ordered some more delicious cappuccino from HappyVaper to last quite a while but please people, if you find any homemade recipe that dosn't use artificial coloring like "caramel color", plutonium :D or any kind of weird stuff..

Please let us know..

Hi, my name is Doc and im a coffee Addict!
Not sure what it will do to the atomizer over time, but here is something I did.

Take 2oz or so if PG or VG, which ever you prefer, I used PG. Take 1 Folgers Coffee Single (like a tea bag) and put it in a pint mason jar. Heat the PG/VG in microwave (just get it warm, NOT HOT) and then pour it in the jar. Put on lid and ring and let soak 24 hours, shaking when you think about it. Put a coffee filter into another mason jar and use the ring to hold it in place, then pour the mixture in to strain it. The last step takes a while as the PG/VG is thicker than water. DO NOT force any through the coffee filter, throw away what will not filter through.

I vaped this straight, Very Good Strong coffee flavor. To make my juice I then mix it 50/50 with a 36 mg tobacco juice. End up with a 18mg juice with a really good coffee flavor. I don't vape it often so I REALLY don't know what it will do to an atomizer over time. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK, I am just relating something I have done.

Burnie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread