Mixing lorann oils

Status
Not open for further replies.

manoverboard

Apr 8, 2009
I started mixing my own flavors a few weeks ago using juicy liquid and lorann oils. I ordered: Pina colada, banana creme, peach, watermellon, coffee, coconut, and root beer. All of the flavors turned out fantastic EXCEPT the dark colored liquids which were coffee and root beer. These 2 liquids smelled great, but when I vape them there is a horrible burning smell. I was wondering if the "caramel color" which is listed on the ingredients is causing this burning taste. Has anyone else had any experience with the dark colored liquids at lorann?

Also I wanted to mention that the ingredients on the flavors that are not dark colored contain: glycols and artificial flavoring. Does anyone know what kind of glycols this is referring to?

***I tried using less flavor to get rid of the burning smell but without success***

ramblingrose

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
New Jersey USA
I started mixing my own flavors a few weeks ago using juicy liquid and lorann oils. I ordered: Pina colada, banana creme, peach, watermellon, coffee, coconut, and root beer. All of the flavors turned out fantastic EXCEPT the dark colored liquids which were coffee and root beer. These 2 liquids smelled great, but when I vape them there is a horrible burning smell. I was wondering if the "caramel color" which is listed on the ingredients is causing this burning taste. Has anyone else had any experience with the dark colored liquids at lorann?

I can't say if it's because of the caramel color, but most of us stay away from any of the flavors that have artificial color. Some are dark and yummy without artificial coloring, like pralines & cream, butterscotch and caramel. These don't list artificial coloring in the ingredients.

I don't think I can post links yet, but if you do a search for Lorann, you'll find a thread with a list of the 'safe' flavors.

ramblingrose

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
New Jersey USA
I tried the loranns coffee, keoke coffee, rootbeer and chocolate. started coughing up black stuff,,also caused a heaviness in the lungs..went back to manufactured liquids only..cleared right up

Thickfog, all of these have something in common: artificial color. The first three all have caramel color, and the chocolate has Red 40, Yellow 6 and Blue 1. Maybe not a coincidence?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Abit off subject, but I was curious if you could vape Lorrann oils on its own?
You can vape anything once. If you survive an attempt at this I'd sure like to read a review and a video would be great!

I kid, a bit, but without PG or VG there would be next to 0 vapor. 30% of even the weakest Loranns gives a strong flavor. I like strong flavor, but I'd never even consider something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread