coil build goes weird,I need explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi peps

so I made parallel coil for my hadaly ni80 24awg 4 wraps at 3mm it got 0.19 ohm

and I made another paraller coil for my goon 22 with the same wire except I made it 8 wraps and it got 0.29 ohm

I even rebuild the paraller coil for my hadaly and its exactly give me 0.19 again no more,no less

I dont have any problem or weird flavour of my hadaly infact it do made the great hadaly flavour even became more phenomenal

my question is why did on earth 4 wraps on hadaly have 0.19 then 8 wraps on goon have 0.29????

Thanks

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi peps

so I made parallel coil for my hadaly ni80 24awg 4 wraps at 3mm it got 0.19 ohm

and I made another paraller coil for my goon 22 with the same wire except I made it 8 wraps and it got 0.29 ohm

I even rebuild the paraller coil for my hadaly and its exactly give me 0.19 again no more,no less

I dont have any problem or weird flavour of my hadaly infact it do made the great hadaly flavour even became more phenomenal

my question is why did on earth 4 wraps on hadaly have 0.19 then 8 wraps on goon have 0.29????

Thanks

Maybe I am Misunderstanding what you Did?

But if you use the Same Gauge and Same Type of Wire, then when you Add Wraps you are going to Increase the Resistance.

So a 8 Wrap Coil is going to have a Higher Resistance than a 4 Wrap Coil.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Maybe start more simple and make a "simple" coil. Forget the fancy coils for the time being.
How to Build an RDA Coil: A Beginner’s Guide

How-to-Build-an-RDA-Coil.jpg

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia

But if you use the Same Gauge and Same Type of Wire, then when you Add Wraps you are going to Increase the Resistance.

I figured he was wondering why it didn't double. The goon has legs on the same side, usually losing half a wrap to an enthion type coil with legs opposite each other. Maybe you're right.

Last edited:

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Yes, legs. Plus the base resistance of the atomizer and contacts inside the mod, those aren't zero either.
So what you're seeing is coil+legs+atty+contacts, those will always be part of the resistance your mod shows (unless you got something like a dna where you can measure and set mod resistance).

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I figured he was wondering why it didn't double. The goon has legs on the same side, usually losing half a wrap to an enthion type coil with legs opposite each other. Maybe you're right.

You might be Right. And if so, Leg Length and Round Off Error would be in there.

yeah,that's what I'm beleivein too,but I guess different atty different resistance
Maybe start more simple and make a "simple" coil. Forget the fancy coils for the time being.
How to Build an RDA Coil: A Beginner’s Guide

How-to-Build-an-RDA-Coil.jpg

thanks for the video,time to learn
Yes, legs. Plus the base resistance of the atomizer and contacts inside the mod, those aren't zero either.
So what you're seeing is coil+legs+atty+contacts, those will always be part of the resistance your mod shows (unless you got something like a DNA where you can measure and set mod resistance).
You might be Right. And if so, Leg Length and Round Off Error would be in there.

I see I see,so the atty itself have their number of resistance,all this time I thought only coil that's matter
its all clear to me now,thanks for the reply guys,I really appreciate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread