Coil building accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampyrex13

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2014
United States
I'm curious to see who else has had mishaps when building coils. So far, I've managed to stab myself with 28 gauge kanthal twice, forget that the plyers also heat up when torching a coil 4 times, and forgotten to lock my friends mod when building a coil on it, only to have it fire while holding the coil (I'm use to my recessed button Maraxus) once. What are your war stories?

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Sometimes you click coil wire with a nail clipper and it's just a really short millimeter or two of wire which just pops off....... somewhere.....
then some time down the road you get this stabbing in your foot, only to realise eventually that one of those small pieces of wire ended up on the ground, then got in your socks while you were walking and now it's in your sock stabbing you in the foot,

and you can't get the damn thing out!

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I just pulled a 32 gauge outta my finger, it bled. My worst mistake so far was messing with a coil while on my mech and it mashed the fire button and sizzle my finger was burnt that quick! It hurt!! A week later and I still have a perfect black line of scorched skin. It literally cauterized the skin right off the tip of my finger. There was skin lying on the RBA deck in perfect condition. I'm glad I had some lidocain to apply. It was very stupid of me to do what I did and I haven't repeated it. I always remove the RBA/RDA and put it on my ohm's meter no matter what I'm doing. I value my skin and hate pain that much.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Rba's haven't got anything on my Savannah Sampson. When Sam's wild side comes out, lets just say, sometimes I wet myself. And usually it is red in color wet. lol

Yeah have pricked, singed myself and even popped one coil. Part of the job description. Have seen an awesome impaling on youtube, that had to of hurt bad. lol

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
and forgotten to lock my friends mod when building a coil on it, only to have it fire while holding the coil

This one's my fave. I've done it a few times. I don't build attys while mounted on mods anymore, I can't trust myself :laugh: Also tried to adjust a mesh wick with my fingers a couple times immediately after test firing . . . not much better than the other mistake :facepalm:

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
Worst idiot move I have done while building a coil was building up a genny while on the phone. I was engrossed in the convo and was paying little attention to what I was doing. I built the genny just fine , filled it and then put it down and concluded my conversation. I relaxed back in my chair and kicked my feet up and reached for my mod to take a big old toke of my freshly coiled device and seared the ever loving hell out of my lower lip having forgot to pop the top of the genny back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread