Coil conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapexTwin

Oct 28, 2015
I've only ever built for up to 15 watts with plain Kanthal round the little blue screwdriver (mech mod) but now have up to 60w with a cheap temp control eleaf. I bought some claptons (highly recommended on other threads read here) but can't bear the ramp up time (need to hit the button 1-2 seconds before even begin draw or out of breath - I hate that) and they are really hard to fit into my RTA's (Billow - forget it. Orchid and Goblin - just about when I pull the Clapton coils in to be 2mm around the wick).

I've only heard of Nichrome and Titanium, beehive and Tiger coils. Also maybe flat clapton wire would be of interest. In your experience, what would be the best dual build to make use of up to 60w and maybe temp control (if that's any use) - with a low mass/short(ish) ramp up time?

(thanks guys - forever grateful)

Nuchuga

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Orange County, CA
Well it depends if your aiming for flavor or vapor. If you going for flavor, Id run a single coil fused clapton, more than likely on the thinner side of things such as 30x36g. Wrap that around a 2.5mm bit 8 times and your golden at 45-50 watts. If you want to run a dual coil, Id do a 24G dual coil wrapped 10 times on a 2.5mm bit. This build at 60 watts will produce great vapor while still holding in pretty good flavor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread