Need Coil advice for Temp Control mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunk

Mar 30, 2017
G'day. Yeah I'm an Aussie. I recently got the Big Baby Beast and the smok G-Priv 220 tc mod. I found via this forum that the supplied coils are not suited for temp control. (great info guys, I've been looking for an answer for days before I came across this place.) but, I still cant find info on the supplied RTA. It has Dual Clapton coils but I can't find what they are made of...Are they suited for Temp Control or should I buy just buy nickel or titanium claptons.. And what would be best suited for the Big Baby Beast .

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
As Katya said, Smok only offers Kanthal, even on those coils that come mounted in the RBA. You will have to buy some SS 316L and either make your own coils or buy prewrapped coils. Generally SS is easier to work with than Ni or Ti, and can be used in either wattage or TC mode. Both Ni and Ti should only be used with temp control.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
316L is the safest to work with but in TC mode it can kind of picky it likes Temps above 380 and it doesn't like spaced coils at least that has been my experience anyway. Just in case your building venture doesn't work the Uwell Crown tanks use 316L in their coils so it would be suitable for TC or power modes on your device good luck.

Reactions: Eskie

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I use the uwell crown .5 & .25 in power and temp mod but primarily the .5's. If your building doesn't work out they are great coils and long lasting. They taste great in temperature mode. Perfect for lazy folks like me. They don't cost much either so there isn't much downside.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread