coil craziness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberninja

Aug 6, 2014
Florida
So I went to my local vape shop and bought an Itaste svd and a kayfun lite. All excited to try my first rebuildable, I went home and built my first coil...I could get an ohm readout...but it wouldn't fire on either my Itaste svd or my mvp2.0. I tried several times and got the same results, so I gave up for the night and ordered a Tobh atty. When this arrived I tried a build, and got the same result...it'll register the ohms, but will not fire or heat my coils. So I started to wonder if my batteries were too weak to push the low ohm builds. Do I need to buy a monster battery or change my coil wraps? I ordered some 24 g kanthal, but I also was given some 28g wire, and some twisted wire to play with. Suggestions!!!
thanks!!!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
So I went to my local vape shop and bought an Itaste svd and a kayfun lite. All excited to try my first rebuildable, I went home and built my first coil...I could get an ohm readout...but it wouldn't fire on either my Itaste svd or my mvp2.0. I tried several times and got the same results, so I gave up for the night and ordered a Tobh atty. When this arrived I tried a build, and got the same result...it'll register the ohms, but will not fire or heat my coils. So I started to wonder if my batteries were too weak to push the low ohm builds. Do I need to buy a monster battery or change my coil wraps? I ordered some 24 g kanthal, but I also was given some 28g wire, and some twisted wire to play with. Suggestions!!!
thanks!!!

You should get an ohm meter to know the exact (+/- error) resistance of your builds. The MVP will not fire anything below 1.0Ω for most, but only functions properly (adjustable) at 1.2Ω+. The SVD won't fire anything below 1.2Ω. What are your builds reading?

My first suggestion is to understand your equipment.

This.

Cyberninja

Aug 6, 2014
Florida
my mvp and svd both said .5 ohms...I wasn't aware that they would only push 1.2 ohms. So I need a different coil build, and a different battery setup to handle low ohms. Also considered buying an ohm meter, but figured since both devices would show the ohm rating that I could skip it. Noted...and thanks, I'll get one. can anyone suggest a mod that can handle a lower ohm build? There's so many to choose from, and each looks better than the next

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
can anyone suggest a mod that can handle a lower ohm build?

I have the eVic Supreme and it will fire down to .5Ω coils but there are other regulated mods that will do the same.

the draw was airy as hell...not nearly tight enough for my liking

The draw on RDAs is typically airier than RTAs so that you can keep lower ohm coil builds cool. I always do lung hits on my RDAs and appreciate a very airy draw. You get more vapor production with more air as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread