Coil Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJAJ1988

Feb 19, 2013
ohio
so i have been pondering for a while on how to get the most performance out of my coil. i have came up with serveral coil builds some work some dont some i dont have the means to do. but one coil in particularr i think will perform amazingly would b something called the wound coil. i know the name isnt that amazing but it explains it so basically u would need a very low resistance wire like 20 ga or close to that. first u would make a very long coil about 2 inches i think on a 2 mm bit or smaller with the coils almost touching. then u would send ur wick and a piece of kanthal through. after that u would follow the steps in the video below. after that u would remove the wire inside and send more wick through the now wound coil itself

the reason i think this would work is how much wick to coil contact u would have u would have to do adjustments here and there to make it right like wire guage, and length of coil, guage of rod thats used ect. but i think iit would b awesome. i dont have any wire to use atm but if someone would like to try it let me know how it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread