Coil is getting HOT...going bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Evod BCC...also have about 6-7 tanks with a variety of juices. It seems that some of them are getting rather hot to the touch. Does this indicate the coil going bad/ready to burn out? I've been using them in rotation for maybe 6 weeks, but do regularly clean and dry burn them...they also are working fine and producing good flavor and vapor...

Any thoughts?

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
I have a Evod BCC...also have about 6-7 tanks with a variety of juices. It seems that some of them are getting rather hot to the touch. Does this indicate the coil going bad/ready to burn out? I've been using them in rotation for maybe 6 weeks, but do regularly clean and dry burn them...they also are working fine and producing good flavor and vapor...

Any thoughts?

Anything with a coil will get hot with repeated use. Is it the evod head itself? Or the battery, all along the barrel/tube? A hot head is common, you need to either lower the voltage, or just wait longer between hits. When I dry burn coils I use my ego batteries turned all the way down, the heads still get hot very quickly. Or, upgrade to something with more power, that's more efficient at producing vapor, like an MVP 2?

Anything with a coil will get hot with repeated use. Is it the evod head itself? Or the battery, all along the barrel/tube? A hot head is common, you need to either lower the voltage, or just wait longer between hits. When I dry burn coils I use my ego batteries turned all the way down, the heads still get hot very quickly. Or, upgrade to something with more power, that's more efficient at producing vapor, like an MVP 2?

This is a bottom coil with a non-variable battery -- the coil are getting quite warm - almost hot - this was not the case last week or before that...I'm not chain-vaping now any more than I was last week...I thought that maybe the coils are starting to simply "wear out"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread