Coil jig

Status
Not open for further replies.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Easier? Certainly. Necessary? Meh.
If you don't have vision or shakiness problems I think the hand drill would be very slightly faster because of a little bit less setup required but there would be no real time saving one way or the other. It took only a short amount of time for me to pick up on the technique and looking at my wires I don't think the daedalus ones could look any better. And that's free handing it, with a dirt cheap tool out of some clip you can let the drill go at max rippums without even looking.
The only real advantage of that jig I can see is that you can "fire and forget" clapton with the daedalus, clean up the dirt under your fingernails while it does its thing :D

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Simple question,is it worth it to get the new Daedalus coil jig kit,or just keep wrapping using a hand drill?
Save my money for something else or is that kit any easier?

I played around with one at a local shop. The best way to put it is, if you can do it with a drill then it may be faster. If you can't do it with a drill, it won't magically make you better.

I've seen people build their own jig out of the cases or boxes RDA's/tanks come in. Just as long as it's light so it will slide like the jig does, then use a drill. You can hand operate the drill as normal, rubber bands, or a small c-clamp to run the trigger.

In the end it's all personal preference, no different than buying a regular coil jig or just using a screwdriver, to each their own way. Some people like gadgets and some don't care to spend the money and find another means to accomplish the same thing.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I played around with one at a local shop. The best way to put it is, if you can do it with a drill then it may be faster. If you can't do it with a drill, it won't magically make you better.

I've seen people build their own jig out of the cases or boxes RDA's/Tanks come in. Just as long as it's light so it will slide like the jig does, then use a drill. You can hand operate the drill as normal, rubber bands, or a small c-clamp to run the trigger.

In the end it's all personal preference, no different than buying a regular coil jig or just using a screwdriver, to each their own way. Some people like gadgets and some don't care to spend the money and find another means to accomplish the same thing.
Wish I read this sooner maybe my curiosity would have been ceased at that point.
Oh well,at least I can now compare against the coils I build with a drill and this and see what goes from there.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Wish I read this sooner maybe my curiosity would have been ceased at that point.
Oh well,at least I can now compare against the coils I build with a drill and this and see what goes from there.

You may very well be pleased with it. Try it and if you are successful, why not try to get a local shop to sell coils you make? Buy some of those little mini zip bags and some white stickers for labels, list what they are and resistance put them in pairs.

I know some people that do this, they may only make $2-$5 a pair but hey, it could recoup the cost of the jig. They sell on Ebay and such and do some exotic stuff and make more.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach

I've seen people build their own jig out of the cases or boxes RDA's/Tanks come in. Just as long as it's light so it will slide like the jig does, then use a drill. You can hand operate the drill as normal, rubber bands, or a small c-clamp to run the trigger.

You may very well be pleased with it. Try it and if you are successful, why not try to get a local shop to sell coils you make? Buy some of those little mini zip bags and some white stickers for labels, list what they are and resistance put them in pairs.

I know some people that do this, they may only make $2-$5 a pair but hey, it could recoup the cost of the jig. They sell on Ebay and such and do some exotic stuff and make more.
I really never thought about that but you make an excellent point.
Thank you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread