Coil ohms

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale88

Mar 11, 2011
Pennsylvania
New to vaping with a tank system. I'm using Kanger T3s and would like to know best ohm coil to use with tocc coils. I use 80pg and 20vg mix and have a variable vision spinner battery. What would be the best to use 1.8, 2.2 or 2.5 ohm coils and also what voltage on the battery. I have been using kanger carts and filling but want to move up to a tank system.

Thank you

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Hi, Dale!

No hard and fast "rule" for coil value or voltage.

The 1.8 will heat (and cool) faster than the others, so deliver vapor a small bit quicker. It's just a personal preference. Although I tend toward the 1.8 range myself when I rebuild them (and where I build my RBAs), since they will, over time, creep up. For me, when they get up to about 2.8 or so, I figure it's time to rebuild :)

Just start your VV device at the low end and vape. Turn it up a bit and vape. Repeat until it starts to go south on taste, back off the last adjustment and you're fine.

We all like different things, so it's really a question of "tuning" for taste.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Since T3S (both the old style and the TOCC coils) are single coils, Kanger recommends 5.5-7.5 watts--no more than that, because T3S clearomizers don't have airflow control, so the coil may easily overheat at higher wattages. I never went higher then 6.5-7 watts with T3S clearos. Also, make sure you saturate your TOCC coils very well with e-liquid prior to installing them--cotton burns easily, and once burnt, has to be discarded.

Use this calculator to calculate your wattage.

Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator

Kanger T3s - Recommended Voltage Ranges
Resistance Voltage
1.7 - 1.9 ohm--3.1 - 3.3 Volts
2.1 - 2.3 oh--3.4 - 3.7 Volts
2.4 - 2.6 ohm--3.8 - 4.1 Volts
2.6 - 3.0 ohm--4.2 - 4.5 Volts

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
you just have to learn ohms law, OP. you just have to learn ohms law. it's a simple law...

basically, whatever ohm you are using, double the number, for your voltage.
2ohms would be good at around 4 or 5 volts.
1ohm, would be good at around 3 or 4 volts.

Pretty simple, right? Since you r using a Spinner, and not a VW mod, u don't need to learn VW vaping...
But, VW vaping is very similar. Find your favorite wattage, and the mod will change ur voltage according to the ohm of ur coil.

ENJOY your vape journey!

Reactions: dale88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread