Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
gcgl6QC.jpg

Fresh pair of Ni80 3*26/36 aliens at .11 ohms in my Axial on my Vindicator.
I don't mean to offend you by asking do you make your alien wire or do you buy the wire? They are always perfect.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
No offense taken at all. I'm not nearly talented enough to wrap a proper alien coil. Those are pre-made.
I've wrapped aliens. I remember trying it the first time and I wasted soooooo much wire before I got it right. What a PITA! After I figured out my Killer coils design I was so happy.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
@Don29palms asked me how I liked his Killer Coils.....

I named it quarantine killer coil because I just found out I could break quarantine and go grocery shopping. These past few days have been so covid crazy I just had to wick those bad boys and take them for a ride. Btw, I had to upload to youtube because the file was too big as is. I don't really like having to do that.
KillercoilRafX.jpg
CNR&RafelleX.jpg

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
@Don29palms The coils are great but the Raf X gets too warm. Love the serial deck but can't handle the heat. Is that what you discovered, too?
I did notice that. That is a downside to series mods. They do get hot. I just take 2 or 3 hits and then let it cool down.

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
Yup, a classic, respectable Kayfun like build:). I use it all the time in my KFs. Recently I switched to 27g N80. According to your specs sounds like you're using kanthal. How do you like the Glaz?
It’s Kanthal wire too lol. I think the Glaz Mini is really nice. It was super easy to build and wick, and the flavor is pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread