Not open for further replies.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Tiger wire attempt no. 2:

View attachment 913273
3mm id, 316L 28g twisted with 316L 0.5*0.1mm @ 0.45ohms on an Axial rda

I did a much tighter pitch, which meant it was less springy to coil and install. A smooth flavourful vape @ 30 watts
Did you find that that this was really springy to work with? I tried something like that once and it was a wrestling match to get it to wind right.

• Agree
Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Did you find that that this was really springy to work with? I tried something like that once and it was a wrestling match to get it to wind right.

Springy as a baby kangaroo ;)

The tighter pitch helped, but when I coiled it I held one with pliers and after each turn pulled to tighten it. Once I had the wraps done, I spent another five minutes making sure all the winds were tight.

If I do it again, I'm going to torch the living crap out of the strands before I twist it.

• Agree
    Reactions: gsmit1

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    Springy as a baby kangaroo ;)

The tighter pitch helped, but when I coiled it I held one with pliers and after each turn pulled to tighten it. Once I had the wraps done, I spent another five minutes making sure all the winds were tight.

If I do it again, I'm going to torch the living crap out of the strands before I twist it.
    When I had a spool of tiger, I found the coil master cooler could get an even tension on every wrap if I applied a certain sort of torque to it as I wound it. Keeps it in line nicely.

• Useful

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    IMG_20201105_195852.jpg

• Winner
    Status
    Not open for further replies.