Coil question ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Hi guy i using Driptech DS and having some dry hit with my coil build.
with 24A 6 wrap 0.32ohms (single coil), having frequent dry hit even after few puff with new cotton ........
But if i do exactly the same with DUAL coil and dry hit issue will go away, can i know what is the issue of this ?
Btw all standard with no hotspot or any unwanted stuff .....
cotton issue ? mod issue ? battery ? Coil ??

millions thanks

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If it's a wicking issue, it makes a bit of sense to me why two coils might work better, you likely have more wick going on. It can be hard to build a single coil successfully on a dual coil deck as well, due to airflow issues and etc. I don't own that setup so I can't really give fantastic suggestions... Some dual coil RTAs do have an airflow reducer which will block off one side of the tank, and if it's a one coil build you are after, that might help, IDK.

Also, if you are building your dual coils for the same target resistance, it's possible that you're using slightly larger in diameter coils, are you? Or are you using the same type of coil for both builds. Sometimes a larger diameter coil (if it will fit) can give you better wicking and flavor....

Good luck!

Anna

Reactions: SupplyDaddy

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Could be too high wattage imo. I had a serpent smm and if i had the power just a tad too high it was dry hits galore. 1 coil dosen't need as much power as 2 which is why you don't get the same experience,again YMMV i had to troubleshoot everything with the clerk at my vape shop who was a baffled as me lol.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
If you're using the same power for both types of coils, that could be your issue.
If your dual coil is perfect at that power, when you use the single coil you need to turn it down. Start low and turn it up until you find the sweet spot.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Could be too high wattage imo. I had a serpent smm and if i had the power just a tad too high it was dry hits galore. 1 coil dosen't need as much power as 2 which is why you don't get the same experience,again YMMV i had to troubleshoot everything with the clerk at my vape shop who was a baffled as me lol.
i seriously suspect this .....

If you're using the same power for both types of coils, that could be your issue.
If your dual coil is perfect at that power, when you use the single coil you need to turn it down. Start low and turn it up until you find the sweet spot.
is mech mod, which i can't control out put ....

I'm a bit confused by your posts but if your single coil and dual coil setups have the same resistance of .32 ohms that would explain your issue. A single .32 coil would be hotter than two .64 ohm coils at the same wattage.
sorry for confuse, dual coil will drop to 0.17 - 1.9 ohm .....

i think mod out put might play bigger roles, cause i try wick in different way (less, more, long, short n bla bla), still having same issue, also suspect cotton quality ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread