Coil question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny797

Feb 26, 2018
Wisconsin
Hi,

New vaper here, been doing it for about a week now. I'm a moderate cigar and pipe smoker and decided to give vaping a try as a safer, less smelly alternative. Not looking to completely quit tobacco, just want to have something else that will give me the puffing satisfaction and maybe help me cut back a little.

Anyway, I was wondering what the best indication is of a burnt out coil. Can you tell just by the taste of the vapor?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
A coil that's truly burnt out won't work at all.

But I doubt that's what you mean. coils mostly don't "burn out", they (and the wicks) get gunked up with residue (much of which comes from flavorings and sweeteners in the liquid). This manifests first in an off ("burnt") taste. However, if you're still smoking, it may be more difficult for you to detect this that it would be for someone who hasn't smoked in some time. I know I was far more tolerant of gunked up coils early on than I am now.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, you should eventually taste it. Eventually. When I dual used, my son was always horrified at the state of my coils, but I really wasn't vaping for flavor, to quit, or anything else other than to use a vape when I was unable to smoke. You may see some discoloration of the coil/gunk collecting around it, but when I first tasted my first "burnt" coil, I realized it was a taste I wouldn't soon forget, once I stopped dual using. Usually coils wicks, like Rossum said, will get "hard" to vape on, kind of "clogged" as it were. IDK. When you first taste that burnt coil though, you will know it.

Anna

Reactions: Benny797
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread