Vapers are FED UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
So, I think there has been a lot of back and forth as to whether vaping is really safer than cigarettes. We as Vapers know that it is safer because we have done the research. But I think in the eyes of smokers and non-smokers, they really don't know if it is safer. Sometimes it even has me questioning whether vaping is healthier. But then my sanity takes over.

This post was sparked by watching a video from Grimm Green just now. The first person I've ever seen to finally say that vaping is 95% safer than smoking. And quit with all the Bull Shi it, listening to anyone who tells you otherwise.

It's a shame that only vapers know it's safer. Everyone else can't be bothered to do the research. They just listen to all the mainstream BS! "Yea, vaping is just as bad, people are dying cause of vaping." "Yea, they're banning vape mail because it's the same thing as tobacco."

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    So, I think there has been a lot of back and forth as to whether vaping is really safer than cigarettes. We as Vapers know that it is safer because we have done the research. But I think in the eyes of smokers and non-smokers, they really don't know if it is safer. Sometimes it even has me questioning whether vaping is healthier. But then my sanity takes over.

This post was sparked by watching a video from Grimm Green just now. The first person I've ever seen to finally say that vaping is 95% safer than smoking. And quit with all the Bull Shi it, listening to anyone who tells you otherwise.

It's a shame that only vapers know it's safer. Everyone else can't be bothered to do the research. They just listen to all the mainstream BS! "Yea, vaping is just as bad, people are dying cause of vaping." "Yea, they're banning vape mail because it's the same thing as tobacco."

It's all about politics and money. It's not about health and has never been. Politicians are in the pockets of BT, BP, and all of the ANTZ groups who have wads of millions of dollars to pay them to effectively stop vaping, so that we either switch to the ineffective pharmaceuticals or start smoking again. I'm not one for government run healthcare, but in the UK, where they have to pay for the negative effects of smoking, you get the 95% safer truth, and they encourage their smokers to switch to vaping. They didn't have the EVALI problems either.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Territoo has summed it up in a nutshell IMHO.

Two things - pre the EU bringing in TPD which placed restrictions on max strength of nicotine allowed to be sold, limited the size of bottles that E Liquid could be sold in and limited the size of tanks - Big Pharma made a report to the EU strongly backing limitations - BECAUSE VAPING HAD RESTRICTED THEIR MARKET AND WAS AFFECTING THEIR PROFITS - this is an open document.

It is worth digging out Public Health England's papers on vaping - they still say it is 95% safer than smoking and most effective in helping people stop smoking.

Last edited:

CloudyFutures

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2017
    It's all about politics and money. It's not about health and has never been. Politicians are in the pockets of BT, BP, and all of the ANTZ groups who have wads of millions of dollars to pay them to effectively stop vaping, so that we either switch to the ineffective pharmaceuticals or start smoking again. I'm not one for government run healthcare, but in the UK, where they have to pay for the negative effects of smoking, you get the 95% safer truth, and they encourage their smokers to switch to vaping. They didn't have the EVALI problems either.

So our world is all about money? Not health?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @Territoo hit the nail on the head
    hammer-hitting-nail-on-head.jpg

@Falconeer then hit the homerun
    pv_590.jpg

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    If vaping had been proven a health risk, how can any sensible person agree with banned shipping methods and creating mountains of red tape... instead of simply outlawing it?

They key word in your question is sensible. Since when have politicians been sensible?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Territoo has summed it up in a nutshell IMHO.

Two things - pre the EU bringing in TPD which placed restrictions on max strength of nicotine allowed to be sold, limited the size of bottles that E Liquid could be sold in and limited the size of tanks - Big Pharma made a report to the EU strongly backing limitations - BECAUSE VAPING HAD RESTRICTED THEIR MARKET AND WAS AFFECTING THEIR PROFITS - this is an open document.

It is worth digging out Public Health England's papers on vaping - they still say it is 95% safer than smoking and most effective in helping people stop smoking.

Here's the 2021 version:
    Research and analysis
    Vaping in England: 2021 evidence update summary
    Published 23 February 2021

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    "The classic definition of fascism is a situation in which Big Business and Big Government are formally united in their aims and in many aspects of their administration. Government directs business toward what and how much to produce, and business looks to the authority of government to establish and protect its interests." The Distribution Review

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Does anyone know what you call it when private corporations and government collude for a common goal?
    Oligarchy but it's not really when private corporations in the government collude it's when private corporations are in fact running the country. And I would say that it is by all standards probably the level of governance that we have in the United States probably over the past 20-30 years at least I don't know any further back than that It's not any one party it's all of them or at least all of the big two I don't really know the platforms of everybody but by the standard that we place upon other countries when deciding what form of government they truly have we would be in oligarchy

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Oligarchy but it's not really when private corporations in the government collude it's when private corporations are in fact running the country. And I would say that it is by all standards probably the level of governance that we have in the United States probably over the past 20-30 years at least I don't know any further back than that It's not any one party it's all of them or at least all of the big two I don't really know the platforms of everybody but by the standard that we place upon other countries when deciding what form of government they truly have we would be in oligarchy
    As noted elsewhere (I can't remember),
    This whole Democracy/ Republic thing, where the common folk have any direct influence on the way things run, is a less than 300 year old experiment.
    It's going to take a while to iron out the bugs. "Bugs" being code for "the way the world has run since the beginning of time."

keep the faith
    I

• Optimistic
    Reactions: Skeebo
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread