Coil Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpoM

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
oak view california
I just purchased some Kangar pre-made 0.5ohm resistance coils. I also purchased a Samsung High Drain INR18650-25R 20A 2500mAh Rechargeable Flat Top 3.7V Battery. I am using a LEMO 1 rta tank.

Would anyone be able to tell me if this type of coil would be safe to use? I tried using the Ohms law calculator, but for some reason, I'm being a bonehead.

Darren

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um premade COILS (like prewrapped that you install yourself?) or fully manufactured coil HEADS? I don't know KT enough to even know if they make or do not make prefabricated coils to install into an RTA deck but to the best of my knowledge they don't, although I am also quite prepared to be wrong on that. Hmnm.

You need coils that will fit an RTA not a drop in tank, so if they're premade coils for tanks, they will not work with your Lemo RTA I don't think.

It's not the resistance of the coils in your tank on a regulated mod that determine battery safety, but how much wattage you use. Although most regulated mods will have a lower limit on resistance, but I'd say 0.5 is going to far exceed that threshold most likely. Where did you get the battery was it from a recommended vendor? As if you have a rewrap or other type of battery it's not going to be possible to figure out exactly what battery you HAVE. With most regulated mods if you try to exceed the battery's capacity protection will kick in and it will refuse to fire, well that is what is SUPPOSED to happen but it doesn't always happen and while batteries in regulated mods are far safer, you still need to KNOW WHAT YOU have to know if you are in a safe zone or not.

Could you say more about what you have, where you got it, and what exactly you are trying to achieve? There may be some remedial purchasing that may have to happen, as you 99 times out of 100 maybe more, can't use drop in coils in RTAs. that's not how it works.

Good luck and the more information the better I think

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The Pre-coiled Kanger wire would be safe to use in a Lemo on a regulated mod. You are asking about these right?
kangercoilsandcottonpackopen.jpg

The Lemo 1 tank is probably not safe to use on a Mechanical mod if you are still asking about a Mech Mod. The Pin doesn't protrude enough on the tank to be safe.

• Useful

HarpoM

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
oak view california
Thank you so much for your replies..
Here are the batteries I purchased
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074J4C2CM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the coils that I purchased
Kanger Organic Cotton & RBA Coil

and finally, this is the tank I am using.
Eleaf LEMO Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (RTA)

I currently have an AR Mechanical Mod unregulated, using the LEMO tank with the wire that was included.

I did end up buying an Aegis Legend regulated mod, but I wondered if it's better if I just ditch my Lemo tanks and go with drop in coils with my Aegis. That way there's no confusion, or room for mistake

Darren

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I wouldn't buy batteries on Amazon. They may be genuine but better to buy from Liion Wholesale or IMR. If genuine they are good batteries to use. $14.99 for two of those batteries is expensive also. They are $4.49 each at Liion and $5 each at IMR. So even with shipping 2 are less expensive and genuine at either place. Liion has a discount on 3 or more and IMR has a discount on 6 or more.

Samsung 25R 18650 20A Flat Top 2500mAh Battery - Genuine - Wholesale Discount

Samsung 25R 18650 2500mAh 20A Battery

Nothing wrong with Lemo and coils that you have but probably not suitable for a mech mod. The tank for a mech mod needs a protruding 510 pin so the base doesn't contact the battery. The Lemo maybe ok on a mech but probably not a good choice as the pin doesn't protrude much on it.

If you are putting together coils to use on a mech you also need an ohm reader to check the coil prior to using for shorts, etc.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread