Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsdrew93

Aug 8, 2018
Depends. What kind of coil and what kind of tank? Popping just means some excess juice on the coil. If it's not spitting hot juiein your mouth you might need to raise the power a bit to vaporize off the excess.
Okay thanks changed that coil now I just a pre built coil in my rda it says on the packet 0.6 ohms but it’s reading at 0.355 is that ok or isit something to worry about

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I answered on your other thread, but coil popping can be the result of too much or too little wattage, or too much or too little wicking and there are probably other things to cause it.

Now, you have a different problem, but experimenting with your popping coil a bit might have been good practice for wicking and figuring out more about you atomizer.

So, now you kind of have two problems. Getting things not to pop and spit can be labor intensive but it can also kind of be worth it to figure out what is causing it, as well as how to make it stop.

Good luck though!

Anna

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
Okay thanks changed that coil now I just a pre built coil in my rda it says on the packet 0.6 ohms but it’s reading at 0.355 is that ok or isit something to worry about
If your package is marked 0.6 ohms and the coil is reading 0.355, yes, there is a short in there and that is something to worry about. As the old saying goes, a picture is worth.... just post a picture of the coil in the rta and we could possibly see if there is a problem. It could be just a loose post screw.

Itsdrew93

Aug 8, 2018
I answered on your other thread, but coil popping can be the result of too much or too little wattage, or too much or too little wicking and there are probably other things to cause it.

Now, you have a different problem, but experimenting with your popping coil a bit might have been good practice for wicking and figuring out more about you atomizer.

So, now you kind of have two problems. Getting things not to pop and spit can be labor intensive but it can also kind of be worth it to figure out what is causing it, as well as how to make it stop.

Good luck though!

Anna
Yh I see it thank you appreciate it and Yh I sorted it it was to low of a watts lol thanks though

Itsdrew93

Aug 8, 2018
If your package is marked 0.6 ohms and the coil is reading 0.355, yes, there is a short in there and that is something to worry about. As the old saying goes, a picture is worth.... just post a picture of the coil in the rta and we could possibly see if there is a problem. It could be just a loose post screw.
Ok thanks and I thought there is a problem lol it can be so confusing but it’s vaping perfect with no problems everything is properly tightened on the rda but I did find a little bit of wire stuck behind the positive post and got most of it out but some is still stuck as think it melted but don’t think it’s touching the positive post anymore because yesterday I had a problem with my 510 pin it would say ohms too low if I tightened it up but if I left it just a little loose it would be fine any idea if that has something to do with it

Itsdrew93

Aug 8, 2018
Here are some pictures

Attachments

• 8310BB2C-C8A1-4205-90CA-58FE401520D0.jpeg
    8310BB2C-C8A1-4205-90CA-58FE401520D0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • CBED531B-7422-4874-BE50-84E157DA7D78.jpeg
    CBED531B-7422-4874-BE50-84E157DA7D78.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • Love

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Coils pop. Especially if they’re sub ohm. Looking at your pic the edges of the coils are very close to the screws so a short is not impossible. Popping by itself though doesn’t necessarily mean anything though.

Itsdrew93

Aug 8, 2018
Coils pop. Especially if they’re sub ohm. Looking at your pic the edges of the coils are very close to the screws so a short is not impossible. Popping by itself though doesn’t necessarily mean anything though.
Sorry that’s not the coil that’s poping that’s the coil reading at .355 ohms when it should be reading at .6 ohms sorry for the confusion my bad

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread