Status
Not open for further replies.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
After roughly 4 years with a REO Grand, I thought I might be dancing between the raindrops and today I got soaked. I'd vaped on it today for 8 hours at least and then it went down. With my spare Grand in for an upgrade, I was in a bit of a panic. Came home, metered my battery(ok), metered my RM2(kind of erratic), so I coiled up my spare RM2 and replaced my gold spring with one of the old silver springs just in case it might collapse as well.
I'm vaping happily now--gotta assume that the problem was in my other RM2.
So, my question is: is it possible to rebuild the RM2? I'm kind of a klutz--carpal tunnel and fading vision....the list goes on..:)
Just wondering.
Roger

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
After roughly 4 years with a REO Grand, I thought I might be dancing between the raindrops and today I got soaked. I'd vaped on it today for 8 hours at least and then it went down. With my spare Grand in for an upgrade, I was in a bit of a panic. Came home, metered my battery(ok), metered my RM2(kind of erratic), so I coiled up my spare RM2 and replaced my gold spring with one of the old silver springs just in case it might collapse as well.
I'm vaping happily now--gotta assume that the problem was in my other RM2.
So, my question is: is it possible to rebuild the RM2? I'm kind of a klutz--carpal tunnel and fading vision....the list goes on..:)
Just wondering.
Roger

It might just be loose screws Roger. That will make the reading erratic. Tighten the screws and test it again.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
It might just be loose screws Roger. That will make the reading erratic. Tighten the screws and test it again.

The screws were tight, Karen. I'm kind of .... about that since I've had problems with that before. I de-wicked the RM2, scrubbed it down and let it dry--then just now checked the ohms, it was right where it should be at 1 ohm. I'm baffled.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Roger, you should remove the old coil and put a new one on. Meter it and see if there is any problem. Most times it is the coil failing or loose screws. You should not try a rebuild until you check it with a new coil.

Could a failing coil collapse a spring? I looked it over under my lighted lab magnifying glass. No way the coil ends could have grounded against the body of the RM2.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Check the base of your atomizer if the center post in your rm2 is not protruding a little the negative or threaded part of the rm2 can make contact with the center post in your mod and cause a dead short
That could be it. It's kind of hard to tell because there is a good deal of fiber protruding around the center post but I think it is flush,if not in fact, recessed a bit. I eased it out a bit. That said, I'm in no hurry to test it with a now working Grand.:)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
That could be it. It's kind of hard to tell because there is a good deal of fiber protruding around the center post but I think it is flush,if not in fact, recessed a bit. I eased it out a bit. That said, I'm in no hurry to test it with a now working Grand.:)
I think we found the culprit your do for a new grand a LP grand with the new adjustable 510 SL to of course you need the venting

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
I think we found the culprit your do for a new grand a LP grand with the new adjustable 510 SL to of course you need the venting
Slippery as ever!
But you may be right about the LP Grand. I'll think about that. No venting please. My enclosed Grands already look like the end of a dusty broom at the end of the day. I'd have to bathe them every night and you already know what a slob I am, Robert.:)
Btw, thanks for the help. I know you'd come.:)

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
You want it about where the RM2 in center has its pin. Also pocket lint with a little foil from gum or mints has been known to cause a short.

IMAG1842-L.jpg

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Roger you can always send one of your mods in for a total overhaul . I was busting your chops about the new mod your mods will last you the rest of your life no need to buy a new mod

Naaah, I didn't see it as you busting my chops at all, Robert. You're why I come here, why I'm here now. You're my friend.
Not many merchants.....or even any merchants that I can say that about. It is always a pleasure talking to you and a pleasure doing business with you. Thanks for always being there.
Roger

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Naaah, I didn't see it as you busting my chops at all, Robert. You're why I come here, why I'm here now. You're my friend.
Not many merchants.....or even any merchants that I can say that about. It is always a pleasure talking to you and a pleasure doing business with you. Thanks for always being there.
Roger
Its always a pleasure chatting with you to my friend :) I was busting your chops though couldn't help myself . I wonder how many ml of juice you have run though that grand of yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread